FM3 Now Shipping

Are you all certain? I waitlisted on April 23rd. I’ve only received an invite about an early release version, with some missing features.

From what I’ve read here the early release version lacks a headphone jack but it’s otherwise the product. And there’s an easy workaround if you need to use headphones with it.

FYI, especially for who are not in USA or Canada, looks like Fractal now distributing extra non headphone jack units to its international dealers. A dealer in Korea said they will get 12~13 of non headphone jack units in 2~3 weeks. Not sure about other countries so maybe this is the best time to ask your dealer outside of NA.
Yeah, thought I'd seen a post somewhere to this effect. Someone reacted - and I agree with them - that a lot of people must have passed on the non-HP version... IMHO, the current crisis probably also gives prospective buyers an extra reason to hold on to their $$$.

Just to be clear: Those reporting receipt of their FM3 units have chosen to go forward with units without headphone jacks?

Thanks for clearing it up for me. Yes, I passed, as I keep my place on the list. No, not because of COVID19.

It would seam that FAS figured we do not need a headphone jack, Tom Shultz should have intervened, anyone old enough to own a "Rock Man" ???
I really hate the sound of that Rockman, you find it on so many productions of the 80ies and the guitar sounds like :tongueclosed:

But that is just my personal taste ;)

Not sure if it’s kosher to say but I’d love to take someone’s extra headphone jack unit when the time comes. Or hopefully it just moves fast enough that I don’t have to worry about it and can buy one direct.
What extra headphone jack unit? If you order a version without a headphone jack that's it, your wait-list request has been fulfilled. If you wanted to order a headphone unit as well, then you can get back on the waitlist at the end of the line like anyone else. Or you can wait for a headphone unit and keep your current spot. But you can't do both so I'm not sure there will be any "extra" headphone units.

What extra headphone jack unit? If you order a version without a headphone jack that's it, your wait-list request has been fulfilled. If you wanted to order a headphone unit as well, then you can get back on the waitlist at the end of the line like anyone else. Or you can wait for a headphone unit and keep your current spot. But you can't do both so I'm not sure there will be any "extra" headphone units.
It doesn't matter in any case... Invites are not transferable.

It doesn't matter in any case... Invites are not transferable.
Well, they kind of are. It's a simple process:
  1. Get Invite
  2. Use invite to order, spend money.
  3. Get FM3
  4. List FM3 on Reverb for exorbitant markup.
  5. Order FM3 from Reverb at steep markup
  6. Get FM3.
And there you have it, invite transferred with several steps and excessive extra costs 🙃

You must be a real hit at parties.

Back
Top Bottom