FM3 Now Shipping

I’m even more glad Fractal sells direct in the US so we’re not all paying this premium to Guitar Center.

I'm happy that they take care of us Canadian neighbours to the north in the same way. When I placed my order for the Axe FX III late December 2018, it literally arrived a few days later - right in time for Christmas. And it changed everything for me in how I approach music, songwriting and recording.

Since BOTH threads have times I posted on the Invite thread but thought it helpful to post here also since many have already.

Rec'd Invite 12:51 pm EST
Waitlist time was April 23rd 9:59pm EST
Need to wait until Monday to order-A Bank thing.

My main concern is paying nearly double and the unit warranty is not transferable. But to each his own. If someone wants to pay the extra and isn't concerned with a warranty, so be it.
I remember buying the new playstation 2 back in the year 2000 and paid a LOT of money for it and really regret it as it became much cheaper only a few months later... But I wanted to be one of the first guys to have it. Today I am sure that patience can save some serious money and Yes I also like the fact that G66 will provide every european customer with a five years warranty for the FM 3 🤷‍♂️🙂

Again, I regret starting this line of discussion but clearly people aren't willing to let it go now. Even sadder is those who defend this type of behaviour as being acceptable. Thankfully here in Canada they are starting to implement massive fines to stop price gouging, for essential items at least.
Maybe in normal times Fractal could have brought in temporary staff to get the FM3s out in one go. That way the drip-feeding approach would have stopped profiteering and made a more even situation. It is hard to watch it released after waiting for a year, but knowing that you cannot buy one for possibly another half a year.

Maybe in normal times Fractal could have brought in temporary staff to get the FM3s out in one go. That way the drip-feeding approach would have stopped profiteering and made a more even situation. It is hard to watch it released after waiting for a year, but knowing that you cannot buy one for possibly another half a year.

Wasn't there some attempt at profiteering when the III was released? I believe FAS released several at just below the sellers prices with a buy now option.

There's plenty of Americans that would disagree with that sentiment. Also, there's a whole world of people and ideas out there well beyond America. Take a look around sometime.
Coming from that world beyond America: it may not be the promised land anymore (then again, what is ?) but IMHO still one of the better places to be, in spite of its shortcomings (such as free enterprise...). And I don't agree with the "price-gouging" of the FM3 - for all I care, it's just another amateur musician who got in line like everyone else, got one early and - like some many others - has fallen on hard times and needs to off-load it. Might as well try and make some profit off it. It's not as if he's asking 200 USD for a roll of toilet paper (which may be next, of course).

It would appear from my non-too scientific research that at least from the forum users who have chimed in that over 50% of those invites for the headphone jack-less FM3 have passed and waiting for the FM3 that was originally advertised. Meaning- even though non-AX8 waitlist invites are being sent out, it could still be a very long time (my guess late 2020) before people start getting what they really want. I paid an up-charge for the unit I received just like I did for the AXE-FX III and the silver lining is that it IS worth the price I paid. It sounds every bit as good as the III (I don't use presets with CPU hungry parameters) and it's just so cool and portable and looks awesome the way it glows at night sitting on my stand. Because it is so portable and easy to setup it really has enabled and inspired me to just plug in and play and practice. And now with being unemployed I have oodles of time to work on my hybrid/alternate/string-skipping etc etc etc... The factory presets really are awesome and flexible and the switching system from presets to scenes to toggling effects blocks on and off is soooo intuitive and easy to use. I'm using a headphone amp I found on Amazon (LiNKFOR) plugged into the SPDIF with an older pair of Sennheiser HDR135s (wireless 900mhz) and it just works great. GREAT I said!

IMG_7082.JPGIMG_7084.JPGIMG_7086.JPG

It would appear from my non-too scientific research that at least from the forum users who have chimed in that over 50% of those invites for the headphone jack-less FM3 have passed and waiting for the FM3 that was originally advertised. Meaning- even though non-AX8 waitlist invites are being sent out, it could still be a very long time (my guess late 2020) before people start getting what they really want. I paid an up-charge for the unit I received just like I did for the AXE-FX III and the silver lining is that it IS worth the price I paid. It sounds every bit as good as the III (I don't use presets with CPU hungry parameters) and it's just so cool and portable and looks awesome the way it glows at night sitting on my stand. Because it is so portable and easy to setup it really has enabled and inspired me to just plug in and play and practice. And now with being unemployed I have oodles of time to work on my hybrid/alternate/string-skipping etc etc etc... The factory presets really are awesome and flexible and the switching system from presets to scenes to toggling effects blocks on and off is soooo intuitive and easy to use. I'm using a headphone amp I found on Amazon (LiNKFOR) plugged into the SPDIF with an older pair of Sennheiser HDR135s (wireless 900mhz) and it just works great. GREAT I said!

View attachment 65896View attachment 65897View attachment 65898
So you bought one from a seller on Reverb then? I have to be honest and say that I’ve considered it. Even though I signed up on the list on 4/25/19 at around 6:30 am, I still feel like it’s going to be quite a while.

View attachment 65896View attachment 65897View attachment 65898
I noticed in one of your pictures that you have a Line 6 wireless for your guitar. Those things have been recalled due to the battery. You might want to check the Line 6 website for information.
1586109067366.png

Reactions: jon
I noticed in one of your pictures that you have a Line 6 wireless for your guitar. Those things have been recalled due to the battery. You might want to check the Line 6 website for information.
View attachment 65908
Thank you sir for the reminder! I knew about the issue and just updated my firmware(s)!
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.29.53 PM.png
So you bought one from a seller on Reverb then? I have to be honest and say that I’ve considered it. Even though I signed up on the list on 4/25/19 at around 6:30 am, I still feel like it’s going to be quite a while.

I did. Not the most wise purchase especially in such times of uncertainty, but it is totally worth the immediate satisfaction to me for the sole fact on how much more I play and practice.

Last edited:
Last check there was five FM3 for sale on Reverb.
I've been eyeing those and they are very tempting, especially since I signed up late for the waitlist (this year), I am probably near the bottom. Is a 50% mark up worth not waiting for a year? Also, don't forget the sales tax if purchasing off Reverb, mine came out to $87 on top of the listing price.

I've been eyeing those and they are very tempting, especially since I signed up late for the waitlist (this year), I am probably near the bottom. Is a 50% mark up worth not waiting for a year? Also, don't forget the sales tax if purchasing off Reverb, mine came out to $87 on top of the listing price.
And lack of warranty...

Back
Top Bottom