FM3 Now Shipping

Is there a reason no one has posted here since Monday evening? Perhaps the supply of first runs have all been taken or is there a different thread? My wait list was Wed 4/24/2019 6:48 AM.

Thx and stay safe!
There is an official thread. You can’t miss it.

Guys, remember: The Ax8 waitlist were people who weren't on the forum feeling the rumbles of a new product coming, they just wanted an AX8 and couldn't get it. So they didn't post much. Then the people who were very first in line are the people who live and breath on the forum, so they immediately saw the new waitlist and got on. Once we're through them, it's people who don't live on the forum but instead heard about it elsewhere and came here to sign up, but don't necessarily participate in the forum. So the number of people confirming their invites is likely to thin out. This isn't the end of the world. I was getting very temtped to post an "In before someone asks 'why hasn't anyone posted about receiving their invite today did they run out?'" post, but decided against it.

There's also the other thread, as metioned.

Really? How do you know that?
Actually, I have to agree with his assessment of the situation. Nobody knows for sure, but if you’ve followed this thread enough, you can see a pattern. The most posts were made after the AX8 list during the first several hours of day one. Now that we’re past that, the posts have really slowed down in both this thread and the other one.

The original announcement for the FM3 was April 23rd, 2019 so the waitlist had to start then. We've only made it to the 24th somehwere between midnight and the next posted invite........

People who were on the AX8 list prior to the FM3 announcement were placed at the top of this list, so the list started well before April 23/2019.

No one is disputing that. There was mention of them being done with everyone on the AX8 list and it slowing. My point was that the list of people for the FM3 started the day it was announced which was April 23rd. We are only seeing invites into the second day of people signing up specifically for the FM3.

No one is disputing that. There was mention of them being done with everyone on the AX8 list and it slowing. My point was that the list of people for the FM3 started the day it was announced which was April 23rd. We are only seeing invites into the second day of people signing up specifically for the FM3.
Matt said they finished the April 23 waitlist and just started on April 24. They are sending a few invites per day. Just enough to handle the shipping from their limited staff still working.

This is just my assumptions, but if you try and imagine who the sort of people in each group are I think it can explain why we're seeing fewer posts. A week before the FM3 is announced, how many of the people that are on this forum every day, taking part in the threads speculating about what will be coming next, how many of them are signing up for an AX8 waitlist? On, for example, April 5th 2019 I think its more likely the guy going "huh they're backordered, let me sign up for when they're back" is not a dyed in the wool fractal user. Those dedicated users probably ordered their AX8 years before if they were going to. (remember, this is a generalization about the population on the AX8 list, not a hard and fast rule). So the AX8 list people were probably guys who jammed with someone else who had one, got impressed with the sound and went "you know, maybe I should order one". So when their invite comes in a year later maybe they bought a used AX8 and became a forum member, but more likely they are still off doing their own thing, and not posting about it here.

Then April 23rd hits, the waitlist is announced and everyone rushes to sign up. The people that are on here every day, actively involved and regularly checking threads will see it first. Heck, they might have been anticipating it coming up any day now. They're already on here all the time so they're in a perfect position to jump on it the moment it's announced, or a couple hours later. Or they've made friends with other members and they shot them a facebook message the moment the thread went live, etc. Especially in the first hour or two, it's got to be a pretty tight knit community of people who are on here all the time, or people who are one or two degree of separation from the people on here all the time to hear about it that quickly.

But give it a few hours, and now someone has posted on The Gear Page about it. Some of the Facebook musician groups have announced it. Maybe Gear Gods or Leon tweeted. People that aren't regular forum users are hearing about it from secondary sources and finding their way here. And since they aren't regular users here, they don't necessarily follow up in these threads because it's not their regular online community. Then things like Leon's youtube video about the announcement go up after however long and the net of potential people ordering gets even wider. Maybe they don't use any online forum but watch the videos.

And obviously these are all generalizations, but just think about how the info would propagate. There'd be a big spike of people very close to the forum right after the announcement and over the rest of the day, but an even bigger wave of people from elsewhere would start to find out and come in after the word gets out.

Which is all a really long way of saying "Just because there are fewer people posting about invites doesn't mean they're not going out, it just means they're not going out to the sort of people who post about invites".

June 10th 2019 and waiting for headphone jack model. :sob:🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕🕖🕗🕛🕚🕙🕜🕝🕞🕟🕠

I'm wondering if i should get the Axe Fx 3 + FC6 or get a new guitar and wait for the Heaphone jack fm3. Where i live it would be almost the same price.

June 10th 2019 and waiting for headphone jack model. :sob:🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕🕖🕗🕛🕚🕙🕜🕝🕞🕟🕠

I'm wondering if i should get the Axe Fx 3 + FC6 or get a new guitar and wait for the Heaphone jack fm3. Where i live it would be almost the same price.
Similar boat, got on the waitlist July 17th 2019, and given virus-related production limits, it will probably be many months before I receive an invite. I've debated just getting the Axe III instead. I currently use an AX8, and I love the floorboard form factor, but I already bring a rack to most gigs for our IEM mixer and transmitters anyway, so I could just get a bigger case and rack them together. However, between a new rack case, a new rackmount wireless (currently using the Shure GLXD-16, would want to upgrade that too), and an FC-6, that's a LOT of money to spend, especially since all of our current gigs are cancelled and there's nothing coming in to justify it. I guess the prudent thing is to just be patient and stick with the AX8 for now, but I'm bored, and I want a new toy dammit!

Similar boat, got on the waitlist July 17th 2019, and given virus-related production limits, it will probably be many months before I receive an invite. I've debated just getting the Axe III instead. I currently use an AX8, and I love the floorboard form factor, but I already bring a rack to most gigs for our IEM mixer and transmitters anyway, so I could just get a bigger case and rack them together. However, between a new rack case, a new rackmount wireless (currently using the Shure GLXD-16, would want to upgrade that too), and an FC-6, that's a LOT of money to spend, especially since all of our current gigs are cancelled and there's nothing coming in to justify it. I guess the prudent thing is to just be patient and stick with the AX8 for now, but I'm bored, and I want a new toy dammit!
That’s the biggest drawback for me so far of this quarantine, being bored and home and buying stuff I really don’t need.

Back
Top Bottom