FM3 Noise

frostkald

Hey Guys!

Can anybody help me? Is this noise level is normal or not? I Am received the Fm3 three days ago and .This is very annoying. I tried with different cables, at a different places, with different presets but the noise is still there.

It’s just a short clip I heard on my phone, granted, but it didn’t strike me as super noisy for high gain.
I think you should use the input gate. But if The noise bugs you when you play, that’s unfortunate...

Gain amplifies all input signal, including noise...

Sounds like you're getting some EMI there which is then getting amplified.

There are lots of threads on the Fractal forum about noise. I'd suggest doing a search and some reading to help you determine the cause and the things you can do to help reduce it.

Gain amplifies all input signal, including noise...

Sounds like you're getting some EMI there which is then getting amplified.

There are lots of threads on the Fractal forum about noise. I'd suggest doing a search and some reading to help you determine the cause and the things you can do to help reduce it.
This. Your guitar is picking up interference.

And what is the solution for this problem?
The solution is to move your guitar away from the EMI source(s) or eliminate them.

Computers, computer monitors, florescent lights, light dimmers, "noisy" power adapters... Those are all common suspects.

Some can be hard to find.

Better shielding of your guitar/pickups can help, too.

This is why I recommended to search and read the forum for other threads on noise. You'll find a lot of good advice in those threads.

Possibly a power conditioner would help.
Not for EMI... A true power conditioner provides a "clean(er)" power supply, which helps with dirty power. EMI does not come thru the power.

Most power conditioners for use with music gear are not much more than fancy power strips. They provide no actual conditioning/filtering of the power supply.

Dirty power would typically produce "hum" rather than noise.

Happens for me when my dishwasher is running... Totally ruins my Axe Fx fun!

And what is the solution for this problem?
The solution is to hunt down the source of the interference, and eliminate it.

Start by plugging in your guitar and moving it all over the room. Up, down, back and forth, at different angles... Move it near everything in the room. Find where the interference is loudest.

I tested it in different places,with different guitars but the noise is the same. If I use the Output 2 the noise is louder .when i use the output 2 ,the noise still there even if the input gait turned on. Before the FM3 I had an AX8 and with the AX8 there was no noise problem.

I have this issue as well. Both inputs. Also listening through headphone jack. All guitars. I moved away from my PC. I did not have this issue with Axe FX 2.

I had a weird issue when I first got mine and built my first patch. I had this high-pitched white-noise-type hiss in my patch no matter what. I ended up rebuilding from scratch from a different, blank preset and it went away, but there was something about that first patch that was corrupted and was creating the noise.

The solution is to move your guitar away from the EMI source(s) or eliminate them.

Computers, computer monitors, florescent lights, light dimmers, "noisy" power adapters... Those are all common suspects.

Some can be hard to find.

Better shielding of your guitar/pickups can help, too.

This is why I recommended to search and read the forum for other threads on noise. You'll find a lot of good advice in those threads.

This.

Also, different computer parts may introduce different EMI levels. I had a video card that was doing it.

Back
Top Bottom