FM3 Int repair

Gmsals1

I sold my original FM3 to a US buyer and he sold it to an International buyer. The USB stopped working and he claims that he needs the original invoice to get the USB repaired. Is this true for an International unwarranted repair?

The warranty is not transferable. I can see no legitimate reason why the current owner would need your transaction info.

it depends if he was told he needs the invoice from a repair tech, or if he was guessing he needed it before he contacted anyone. generally you need an invoice for a repair, so it would seem right to get it at some point.

This is the exact msg I got from the US buyer I sold it to
Hello Gary!

I bought an FM3 from you in april, then I sold it to an italian guy and he sold it to a czech dude now this guy wants to repair it in Europe because the usb is broken and they want the original invoice or the invoice number, do you still have it? I cant think of any reason to have an original invoice # to do a repair on a used item. Figured I would ask here before I said no.

He must be trying to get it repaired under warranty, for some misguided reason. If it's not a warranty repair, then he has no business asking you for the invoice. Either way, I would be very suspicious and would avoid giving any out any such information.

This is the exact msg I got from the US buyer I sold it to
Hello Gary!

I bought an FM3 from you in april, then I sold it to an italian guy and he sold it to a czech dude now this guy wants to repair it in Europe because the usb is broken and they want the original invoice or the invoice number, do you still have it? I cant think of any reason to have an original invoice # to do a repair on a used item. Figured I would ask here before I said no.
It sounds as if he's trying to get it repaired under warranty by G66 (the European dealer for Fractal Audio). G66 wants to see the original invoice so they can verify that it was purchased from G66. Of course, we know that it was not purchased from them. Any attempt to get warranty service would be fraud.

I sold my original FM3 to a US buyer and he sold it to an International buyer. The USB stopped working and he claims that he needs the original invoice to get the USB repaired. Is this true for an International unwarranted repair?

Hi, was it FM3 unit without or with headphone jack? There are already several issues of USB port failure described on the forum, particularly in the thread called "FM3 not connecting to iMac anymore (USB)". I wonder if this is a systematic failure and is there a specific sequence of actions that leads to USB breakdown?

Those who got their devices repaired know what was the malfunction? Was it a software or a hardware issue?

Hi, was it FM3 unit without or with headphone jack? There are already several issues of USB port failure described on the forum, particularly in the thread called "FM3 not connecting to iMac anymore (USB)". I wonder if this is a systematic failure and is there a specific sequence of actions that leads to USB breakdown?
No headphone jack

So, I got a response from Fractal and was told they do not require an original invoice to repair secondhand units. I told the guy I would not give out my invoice and reminded him the warranty is not transferable. Thx for the comments!

Back
Top Bottom