Fm3 in front of amp and into Pa. Suggestions/Ideas?

dieter

Inspired
Hi
I want to run my Fm3 into the front input of an amp and at the same time into a pa(if there’s a channel available) all in mono,
for small Jamsession. I want to have a setup as simple as possible. Who has done that ? Any suggestions/Ideas how to achieve that? Routing suggestions?
I know it can be done and. I usually run my units into frfr and FOH

Running amp or cab simulations into the front of an amp isn't going to sound right, so you won't want Amp or Cab blocks in the signal you feed to your amp.

Set up a signal chain for FRFR/FOH. Then tap off the end of your ore-amp effects, and send that tap through another Output block to your amp's input.

If your amp has an FX Loop that tends to be far more preferable than running into the primary input on the front.

Running amp or cab simulations into the front of an amp isn't going to sound right, so you won't want Amp or Cab blocks in the signal you feed to your amp.

Set up a signal chain for FRFR/FOH. Then tap off the end of your ore-amp effects, and send that tap through another Output block to your amp's input.
Thx Rex
I know that I should not run amp and cab simulation into an amp input.
The hypothetical scenario I was thinking of, was to show up at a jam session and there is just a simple amp, no effects loop and I like to create a preset which caters for that
and still gives me the opportunity to use a pa input. So yes using the second output to feed the pa is a good Idea.
Where would you place the effects like reverb delay ect? Obviously for the physical amp they are in front of the amp. For consistency in the Fm3(into pa)it should also be before the amp?

If your amp has an FX Loop that tends to be far more preferable than running into the primary input on the front.
Thx la szum
I do not have an amp and I want to be prepared for when there’s only an amp without efx loop available. Running the Fm3 as a effect board but still like to have the opportunity to feed a little bit into the pa if available

Where would you place the effects like reverb delay ect? Obviously for the physical amp they are in front of the amp. For consistency in the Fm3(into pa)it should also be before the amp?
Anything you put after the Amp block will also be after you tap off to the input to the physical amp, so it'll never be heard in the amp. In other words, anything you want to be heard in the amp has to come before your Amp block.

I wouldn't worry about consistency here. You're very unlikely to get both of those sounds to match each other anyway. Unless you need to run to both, consider separate presets for one situation or the other.

I've been in a pinch like this. Here's what I did:
I set the amp up with the cleanest possible, neutral sound (preamp gain as low as possible) and plug in from output 2 of the FM-3. (My output 2 doesn't have any speaker block IR). You can control the level of this output from the unit and try to get it so it doesn't overload the input of the amp.
I then go direct (XLR out of output 1 of the FM-3) into the PA and try to play at a low stage volume so the sound engineer can crank up that glorious Fractal tone. I made it through the gig and it still sounded pretty darned good, even onstage.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom