FM3 General Discussion Thread

The link for FM3-Edit is now available too. FM3-Edit release notes lists the version date as February 12, 2020. Looks like release is immanent.

Last edited:
From the manual:

USB 3,4 Playback Destination Input 1, Output 2 This determines how the FM3 routes playback from USB 3+4 of a connected computer. The default option of INPUT 1 is designed for re-amping. The Output 2 option is provided so you can have backing tracks from the computer appear at a different set of outputs from your main guitar signal.

It looks like this can be changed in the settings.
No need to use different outputs for playback while reamping though, the daw will record only what comes out of the grid not what comes out from the physical out 1 jacks. IOW only the guitar processed sound and not the playback coming from the PC.
At least this is how it works in the axe and I can't see why this should be different in the fm3

It all depends if you can split - send ONLY the DI track from the DAW through the grid and the rest of the mix directly to the monitor speaker outs. You could not do that on the Axe Fx II, therefore you had to solo the DI track and reamp it without mix playback.

Has anyone tried to download the Windows Driver file? Norton keeps deleting it saying it's infected with a virus. Is this happening to anyone else? Not that I need this now for any reason yet. :)

It all depends if you can split - send ONLY the DI track from the DAW through the grid and the rest of the mix directly to the monitor speaker outs. You could not do that on the Axe Fx II, therefore you had to solo the DI track and reamp it without mix playback.
That's already clearly stated in the manual, as I said you just need to change the output of the DI track to OUT 3/4

Axe USB.JPG

Hmmmm... The Fractal Audio Blocks guide states that FM3 loads a truncated version of UltraRes IRs (page 20, note 1). Is this true? That would be quite a disappointment to me.

Maybe it simply means you can only use 2 irs in the 4 channels
Unlike the 3 that can use 4 different ones on 4 different channels

Back
Top Bottom