FM3 General Discussion Thread

This is great. I think I’m too far down the list to get it in time to re-amp what we just did in the studio last week :/ But maybe if I drag my feet enough you never know!

In the manual, it looks like you have to solo the DI track for reamping. So you cannot reamp in the context of the mix. Like with the Axe Fx II. I hoped with a 4x4 USB audio interface (the Axe Fx II had only a 4x2) you can reamp the track while the mix is playing. If that is indeed not possible, that is a real bummer for me. Might instead go for the Axe Fx III then instead, but the additional cost is a big factor.

In the manual, it looks like you have to solo the DI track for reamping. So you cannot reamp in the context of the mix. Like with the Axe Fx II. I hoped with a 4x4 USB audio interface (the Axe Fx II had only a 4x2) you can reamp the track while the mix is playing. If that is indeed not possible, that is a real bummer for me. Might instead go for the Axe Fx III then instead, but the additional cost is a big factor.
From the manual:

USB 3,4 Playback Destination Input 1, Output 2 This determines how the FM3 routes playback from USB 3+4 of a connected computer. The default option of INPUT 1 is designed for re-amping. The Output 2 option is provided so you can have backing tracks from the computer appear at a different set of outputs from your main guitar signal.

It looks like this can be changed in the settings.

From the manual:

USB 3,4 Playback Destination Input 1, Output 2 This determines how the FM3 routes playback from USB 3+4 of a connected computer. The default option of INPUT 1 is designed for re-amping. The Output 2 option is provided so you can have backing tracks from the computer appear at a different set of outputs from your main guitar signal.

It looks like this can be changed in the settings.
No need to use different outputs for playback while reamping though, the daw will record only what comes out of the grid not what comes out from the physical out 1 jacks. IOW only the guitar processed sound and not the playback coming from the PC.
At least this is how it works in the axe and I can't see why this should be different in the fm3

Version 1.0 of the FM3 firmware is now available, a very good sign indeed.

Now THAT is the sign of progress I was waiting on. If we're at gold (release) firmware, and all of the documentation, download links and the page is live, I have no idea what else could stand between now and invites going out. What else could there possibly be to work on prior to selling it?

The FM3 is now listed on the FAS main website. You don't have to use the direct link to get to the product page anymore.
Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Yep... now the FM3 page is officially "live" (as in listed under the Products menu on the FAS website) and full of goodies to keep our minds occupied, ha!

Back
Top Bottom