FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

It sounds like it’s maybe mixing DI and the adjusted pitch (but the mix IS AT 100% before you ask) I say that because it’s clashing dissonant notes together like more than one badly out of tune guitar playing together it sounds awful I’m not sure how to fix it. Could this be a bug?
Are you sure you're not listening through headphones and hearing what is run through the FM3 and what is picked but unprocessed simultaneously?

Have you activated the gapless settings in the specific menu yet?
Not sure what you mean - I have Gapless set to "All" and Spillover set to "All". Changing Presets and Scenes does have gapless switching work as expected - it's only when I change the amp channel itself does it give that noticeable gap again. I would have expected this be gapless as well, since Scenes and Presets are "higher level" and more demanding changes than just the amp channel, and those work fine. Also since one of the gapless options is "Scenes and Channels" - that leads us to infer that just changing amp channels should indeed be gapless. Should I be listing this as a possible bug? And was it like this in the beta version as well?

Not sure what you mean - I have Gapless set to "All" and Spillover set to "All". Changing Presets and Scenes does have gapless switching work as expected - it's only when I change the amp channel itself does it give that noticeable gap again. I would have expected this be gapless as well, since Scenes and Presets are "higher level" and more demanding changes than just the amp channel, and those work fine. Also since one of the gapless options is "Scenes and Channels" - that leads us to infer that just changing amp channels should indeed be gapless. Should I be listing this as a possible bug? And was it like this in the beta version as well?
Yes this is the expected behavior at this time.

hi anyone noticed anything strange with the display on top of the second footswitch of the fm3? (i have the fm3 turbo)
it seems on this fm that the display text is not centered correctly and if you put a long string as a scene name a square appear on the right (i don't have the fm3 with me I'll post pictures when I'm back home next week)
I have the same issue. Have you found a solution yet?

I too had no issues at all with the Beta, and I installed the final version 8 two days ago and all is good with no issues so far.

Thanks again FAS Team!

All good here. Beta was a success and so is 8.0. Amps seem to be way more responsive. EQ seems to be more responsive. The 1959 SLP Jumped, 2203, Brit Silver, all of them, wow. Sounds phenomenal. They all sound phenomenal!! Gapless is a very nice addition!! Great job FAS!!

My first impression of the new firmware:

I tried the firmware 8.0 with my AKG K-872 studio reference headphones and the first partial Austin Buddys Goldpack update for Bank 1 (marshall style amps) and what I first realised is that it is the first time ever that I hear that sweet feedback on gainy presets when notes or chords are ringing out with digital modeling…..wow! Really impressive...

My Tom Anderson Hollow T Classic with two mini humbuckers tends to produce controllable feedback when I plug her in to my Fuchs Fullhouse 50 combo (what a great amp…) due to her hollow construction (swamp ash top on swamp ash body) and I love that but since Firmware 8.0 I ever thought that no digital modeling could ever reproduce that „real amp feedback“.

And yes, what I also realised is that the overall behavior of the amps sounds and feel is way more unpredictable but in a very pleasant way like a real tube amp.

Thank you, FAS-team!

Updated before rehearsal last night. I use a "one preset per song" workflow for my cover band so I was mostly just excited for gapless, but the amp modeling updates really shined.

I did have to re-level my presets but I think that has as much to do with the other tweaks I've been making prior to the update as it does with the update itself.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I really, really appreciate Fractal's dedication to continued and constant firmware updates years after the release of a unit. It's so satisfying (and rare) when a company delivers on their value proposition for a premium product.

Amps sound great! No more eq needed through a block or the amp's output.
Even feel like even the bass/mid/treble controls on stock settings sound already fantastic. 😊

The gapless makes we want to replace my axe II for live use.

Amazingly thanks!

(and also thx ml soundlab. The free 'best IR in the world' you shared, is really something). I use it to taste in every preset alongside a fractal amp appropriate IR. 👌

My first impression of the new firmware:

I tried the firmware 8.0 with my AKG K-872 studio reference headphones and the first partial Austin Buddys Goldpack update for Bank 1 (marshall style amps) and what I first realised is that it is the first time ever that I hear that sweet feedback on gainy presets when notes or chords are ringing out with digital modeling…..wow! Really impressive...

My Tom Anderson Hollow T Classic with two mini humbuckers tends to produce controllable feedback when I plug her in to my Fuchs Fullhouse 50 combo (what a great amp…) due to her hollow construction (swamp ash top on swamp ash body) and I love that but since Firmware 8.0 I ever thought that no digital modeling could ever reproduce that „real amp feedback“.

And yes, what I also realised is that the overall behavior of the amps sounds and feel is way more unpredictable but in a very pleasant way like a real tube amp.

Thank you, FAS-team!
Hi, then is there a partial Austin buddy update for the livegold in this firmware ?
Thanks

Last edited:
(and also thx ml soundlab. The free 'best IR in the world' you shared, is really something). I use it to taste in every preset alongside a fractal amp appropriate IR. 👌

I’ve been meaning to try this. Saw your post and downloaded it. Sounds excellent. You should try Mikko’s GOT IR if you haven’t. Also Leon Todd’s IR’s LT TV Mix 2 and 7. They’re up the same alley tonewise.

And yes thanks FAS for the awesome update!

Back
Top Bottom