FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed it took till today for someone to ask the question on here
I was holding off because I didn’t want to seem ungrateful and while there was so much deserved excitement. Though I was curious. I do agree that if it’s just a matter of having to use it with minimal other blocks I would still like it. As far as the Spring Verb I would just want to use it with a very clean Fender type amp model.

I had this issue and mucked around with the Output settings. It wasn't a problem with the last firmware, but when I changed SETTINGS > AUDIO > OUTPUT CONFIG > OUTPUT 2 > OUTPUT 2 COPY > from 'Output 1' -> 'None' then the feedback loop went away.

It makes sense that it would create a feedback loop like this, but in the previous version, I never had a problem.

Hope that helps.
This will be fixed in the next firmware revision.

Thanks so much for releasing! Testing it out now and it is brilliant. There is one persistent issue/ bug that I have experienced during multiple sessions (forgive if already reported).

Random (out of ordinary) latency occurs not immediately after a preset change but several minutes in. I was playing on Mr. Gilmour Lead (scene 1) for a few minutes, then the issue will occur.The latency is 1.5- 2 seconds. I rebooted my MAC and the Fractal multiple times. This fixes it temporarily and then if you switch on a given preset (standard Fractal ones not customized) it renders again. I did refresh after firmware multiple times and save the preset each time out of caution but the issue remains. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know.

On OSX Catalina 10.15.7 running through
Logic Pro X 10.4.6.

Happy to share any other details you need.

Thanks so much for releasing! Testing it out now and it is brilliant. There is one persistent issue/ bug that I have experienced during multiple sessions (forgive if already reported).

Random (out of ordinary) latency occurs not immediately after a preset change but several minutes in. I was playing on Mr. Gilmour Lead (scene 1) for a few minutes, then the issue will occur.The latency is 1.5- 2 seconds. I rebooted my MAC and the Fractal multiple times. This fixes it temporarily and then if you switch on a given preset (standard Fractal ones not customized) it renders again. I did refresh after firmware multiple times and save the preset each time out of caution but the issue remains. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know.

Logic Pro X 10.4.6.

It REALLY helps if you can supply a preset or procedure that duplicates the problem.

See “Reporting bugs with the Axe-Fx III, FM9 or FM3” for more information.

Refreshing after firmware only resyncs Edit and the hardware, so Edit has the current state of the system.

Logic Pro X 10.4.6.

So you are monitoring through Logic? Then it’s a computer issue.

I was holding off because I didn’t want to seem ungrateful and while there was so much deserved excitement. Though I was curious. I do agree that if it’s just a matter of having to use it with minimal other blocks I would still like it. As far as the Spring Verb I would just want to use it with a very clean Fender type amp model.
Agreed. I see the logic in not including a CPU-greedy sim as I'm sure many ill-informed users would complain.

I personally would love the option, though. Especially since it would really be reserved for the most simple compressor - amp - cab - reverb presets.

I don't think we get to vote, and that's fair. But if we do, I vote yes to the resource-hogging reverbs.

Just ran into an issue with stand in switches that I only saw after this beta update. One of my external Boss pedals worked fine with both the tap and the hold switches behaving as expected. But the second pedal was changing views on me when I would tap it. That’s when I saw on the unit itself this Layout link that I had never paid attention to. Well I changed that on the override setup for the switch and the pedal worked fine after that. But I didn’t have to change it on the 1st pedal. So maybe this is related to Beta 8.0?

Just ran into an issue with stand in switches that I only saw after this beta update. One of my external Boss pedals worked fine with both the tap and the hold switches behaving as expected. But the second pedal was changing views on me when I would tap it. That’s when I saw on the unit itself this Layout link that I had never paid attention to. Well I changed that on the override setup for the switch and the pedal worked fine after that. But I didn’t have to change it on the 1st pedal. So maybe this is related to Beta 8.0?
You’re saying the Beta added a Layout Link that you didn’t add?

The Layout Link for FM3 was Layout Blank and view 1. I never even noticed that before. It was the same on both of my
Per Preset settings, PP#3 and PP#4, PP#3 was fine - it never switched the view and it acted as it should. PP#4 was the same but switched the Layout and View to 1 and 1. I never touched them.

When I did change PP#4 to Layout 7, View 2, which is what I use, it was fine. But again, I’ve never even noticed that Layout Link option because I never needed to touch it. It always went to the Layout and View I wanted, 7 and 2. I hope I’m explaining it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom