FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
finished my stream, and immediately backed up all my presets in Fractal bot.
beta firmware was a breeze to install, haven't had any problems yet.
gapless switching is everything I hoped it would be.... errr... gapless... easy, quick.. and painless.
which means, the guys at FAS must have been working overtime on this.
just WOW. the 2203 is identical to my real world 2203's, only without the hassle, I think I'm going to switch from my JMP-1 model to the 2203.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! A game changer from an already amazing little beast of a unit, to this which is just...
<holds hands up and just gets overly dramatic>

off to play...

Thank you so much. Incredible everything that was included. What does happen to me and I don't know if the rest also perceives it, is that it sounds more "nasal". As if there was an extra between 1400 and 1500hz. And I feel that the sound is "thinner". I tried re-equalizing my presets but I can't. Maybe it's a feeling of mine. Does anyone feel the same?

Sorry to ask if I missed it........is there a "2x12 USA C90 Open Back" cab either in Legacy or Dyna Cab? If so, I'm having trouble finding it. I noticed in the Release Notes that there is an
  • Added "2x12 USA C90 Open Back" speaker impedance curve.
I'd look in the amp block under speaker since it's an impedance curve
1713238986421.png

Post a preset that demonstrates the problem. Also, a screenshot might help.

@iaresee - could you move these posts to the firmware thread?

Edit: moved :)
Thanks again for your help here (and for getting this moved :))
Checked all my settings and for some reason, there was an Output 2 setting that, once changed, the feedback loop stopped happening. Weird thing was that it wasn't a problem on the last firmware. So anyway, false alarm. User error. All sounding great. Thanks for your help!

Thank you so much. Incredible everything that was included. What does happen to me and I don't know if the rest also perceives it, is that it sounds more "nasal". As if there was an extra between 1400 and 1500hz. And I feel that the sound is "thinner". I tried re-equalizing my presets but I can't. Maybe it's a feeling of mine. Does anyone feel the same?
I loaded 8.0 tonight , no issues with the firmware update . There's still something missing for me, I've been on Ares 3.01 for 4 months after trying cyngus x2 7.0 for 2 weeks back then. Something is missing at the input stage or preamp gain. Still seems soft to me as far as pick attack . I've used Freidman BE V models since 2014 all the time for live performances.

Hi all !

This new FW and improvements are very enticing and am thinking about re-grabbing an Original Non-Turbo FM3.

Quick question:-

=> with the new FM3 Beta 8 FW running on an Original Non-Turbo model - if you engage the full pre-set to pre-set switching feature, is it known yet how much a CPU-Hit there is [ if any ? ] for engaging feature ?

Thanks,
Ben
I haven't seen more than a 2% increase on mine.

I have the AXE 3 and the FM3. Now running through the sounds after, yes, HARD reset. The HBE C45 is even better. JP2C matches my AXE3 for ease of rehearsal. I have played shows with both. Oh for those who care, I used OMG15. Yes I use the YA cabs. And for the Floydian fans, the C45 is your amp. I will blast it through a major PA TONIGHT on Comfortably Numb. Almost the only cover I play. And for all, I use the YA MES 121 v 1 onstage. EXCEPT for the C45 that gets a YA M25 57v3. Sounding great. The poster is just proof that I AM actually playing tonight in Taiwan.

Attachments

• REV 4.jpg
    REV 4.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 31
I haven't seen more than a 2% increase on mine.

Many thanks. That's so close to almost nothing as to be, for all intents and purposes, a "zero cpu hit" of any practical consequence :)

I'm wondering if they possibly / probably further optimized the code at the same time to counter balance / minimize any cpu hit that would otherwise have occurred compared to applying gapless to the previous CX2 FW.

Regardless .... amazing achievement.

All the best,
Ben

Thanks again for your help here (and for getting this moved :))
Checked all my settings and for some reason, there was an Output 2 setting that, once changed, the feedback loop stopped happening. Weird thing was that it wasn't a problem on the last firmware. So anyway, false alarm. User error. All sounding great. Thanks for your help!
Curious which setting?

Glad it's resolved.

Every once in a while some global settings seem to inexplicably get changed.

"How big is the update?"

Donald Trump GIF

I asked basically the same thing earlier and didn't get a response but I think I found my answer...
At the time I posted my question I hadn't read through all the pages of comments in this thread (still haven't but working on it slowly in between playing and hanging out with my family) but I found this post:

I was going to go back here in a few and edit my own post to reflect that and unless someone corrects me otherwise I'm going to assume the bit where Greg said "I ran upgrade all presets which pulled in all the changes..." is the answer we were looking for, that answer being if we did the upgrade all presets then we now have all new changes and available upgrades to the new firmware in effect and nothing else to do.
If you find out otherwise let me know but that's what I'm rolling with for now =)
"upgrade all presets" just saves all presets with the new firmware number, you still need to reset the amps. The best way to do this, in my opinion, is Preset Manager

Thanks for this update, everything is great. But I noticed that if you switch presets and scenes using the midi controller, there is still a small gap, when switching with the buttons on the FM itself, I did not notice a gap. Has anyone noticed this anymore? Sorry, English is not my native language

I loaded 8.0 tonight , no issues with the firmware update . There's still something missing for me, I've been on Ares 3.01 for 4 months after trying cyngus x2 7.0 for 2 weeks back then. Something is missing at the input stage or preamp gain. Still seems soft to me as far as pick attack . I've used Freidman BE V models since 2014 all the time for live performances.

All is sounding big and full here.

For any major update I always do a Refresh and Hard Reset of my presets. Not sure if it will help but have you tried it?

Here is a good read before deciding:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amp_block#Before_you_reset...

Here is good video for performing Hard Reset:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom