FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? Any scene gap should be related to amp/drive channel switching.

And yes, the FM3 in fact does switch faster than many tube amps most notably a great many Mesa Boogie, Soldano, and Fender amps, even some Marshalls. My understanding is it was due to using LDR's which are slower switching and/or relays with a built in delay to mute a pop which can happen when switching channels. That said, despite the gap being small enough to not cause any issues for me, any improvement is greatly appreciated.
No I’m not sure at all, I only played more than 200 4 hours shows with it so maybe you’re right it’s just in my head and it never happened…

It may be not important to you but for me but for me and my job it is …
and I don’t care about what kind of switch there is elsewhere, don’t care if mesa or soldano or kemper6 jave multi triode multipass quantum or whatever. I don’t one on theory world but in the real world.

I have gaps it makes me cut some notes before changing scenes or miss some notes after. Maybe it’s not important for your band but for me it is.

Sorry, I’m really tired of explaining.

The fm3 is awesome and I just Hope the new firmware will help reducing the gap

No I’m not sure at all, I only played more than 200 4 hours shows with it so maybe you’re right it’s just in my head and it never happened…

and I don’t care about what kind of switch there is elsewhere, don’t care if mesa or soldano or kemper6 jave multi triode multipass quantum or whatever. I don’t one on theory world but in the real world.

I have gaps it makes me cut some notes before changing scenes or miss some notes after. Maybe it’s not important for your band but for me it is.

Not that you experienced a gap, that you aren't changing channels when experiencing gaps as my understanding is that's the only time actual drop outs occurs.

I only got my FM3 Mk2 recently and would love to see gap less switching included in the next firmware release. I'm guessing everyone else would like it included too, regardless of how good it is in its current form. Whats not to like about a continuous improvement cycle?

Have you posted a preset?

The cause of gaps is limited to specific things changing and you seem to think you're not doing those things.

Maybe someone can help find the issue?

This. If the amp just switched instantly, the resulting discontinuity would cause a nasty pop that you and your audience would find unpleasant.
The gap in real amps is really really small, so small that its virtually gapless (this between channels.) There are more noticeable gaps with advance switching as more relays have to action. This varies from amp to amp manufacturer.

The gap in real amps is really really small, so small that its virtually gapless (this between channels.) There are more noticeable gaps with advance switching as more relays have to action. This varies from amp to amp manufacturer.
My Mesa MKIV, Tremoverb, and 2 channel Dual Recto all had noticeable gaps when switching channels. I think its similar to the FM3s current gap, however even with no hold function on the FM3 switch, I feel there's a slight delay and more need to time the switch more than with the analog stuff.

My Mesa MKIV, Tremoverb, and 2 channel Dual Recto all had noticeable gaps when switching channels. I think its similar to the FM3s current gap, however even with no hold function on the FM3 switch, I feel there's a slight delay and more need to time the switch more than with the analog stuff.
Same here,
My real life tube amp is a Dual Recto MultiWatt post 2013. It switches with a small gap. The FM3 is faster between scenes, and has a longuet gap if I switch presets (probably depending on the preset to load). All of these gaps don’t bother me, I never switch presets during a given track, only scenes.

I only got my FM3 Mk2 recently and would love to see gap less switching included in the next firmware release. I'm guessing everyone else would like it included too, regardless of how good it is in its current form. Whats not to like about a continuous improvement cycle?
This is my take. I'm unsure how the discourse turned into "all your favorite analog gear has gaps". Fractal Audio set the gapless standard on the more powerful hardware, I'm excited to see if they get it into the unit I have sitting on my floor because gapless would be great!

So…

Before the axe fx 3 updates I wanted to make my kitchen sink preset running on bassman normal and plexi 70.
I’ve heard after that the plexi 70 had improvements. So great!

My kitchen sink is ready with cpu about 70/72%. It took a lot of time to be able to shrink cpu usage to be able to run the next update ^^

So now that everything is ready you can send the update! Thanks

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom