FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginner Question:
I'm on firmware 7.00 and the latest Editor and I can't find any Dyna Cabs. If they exist, where can I find them?

there is a separate install in the firmware to install them. Look in the FW 7 zip file and you'll see the dyna cab install
ok - i did that again now (updating fm3_dyna_cabs_1p05.syx via Fractal Bot)
The FM3 was updating the Dyna Cabs.
Restart Boot Loading Presets... -> Loading Dyna Cabs... -> Uncomressing Dyna Cabs ...
FM3 Edit -> Refresh after new firmware -
Bummer - same as before.
?...

With fw7 this is how song section in 'manage setlist & songs' menu appears: the various fields are in black and it's very difficult reading or writing.

Attachments

• IMG_20230819_122633.jpg
    IMG_20230819_122633.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
Restart Boot Loading Presets... -> Loading Dyna Cabs... -> Uncomressing Dyna Cabs ...
Bummer - same as before.
?...

Switch the Cab block mode from Legacy to Dyna-Cab.

@rglr

Ugh. I told the FM3 to upgrade its presets, and it failed and hung at approximately #70. It’s possible that there’s a problem child preset in the slot so I’ll try to get it to repeat. Will update when I know more.

Rerunning it again on the FM3 Mk 1, and #39, "The Brown Sound", hung, and after waiting a minute I cycled the power. A second attempt made it past there, and it progressed quickly until #74, which is probably where it hung before. It's proceeding slowly, ~2.25 sec/preset so it appears it's upgrading some stale presets. If it hangs again I'm going to reload the factory presets and see what happens.

To try and triangulate, I ran "upgrade" on the FM3-Turbo, and it flew through everything. I have recent backups from the Mk I that I can load into the Turbo to try to antagonize it and reproduce the problem if it reoccurs.

I ran it again and it completed. Then, out of perverseness I ran it again and it froze at #406.

Last edited:
Best update since Cygnus! Love this product! Thank you so much! Dyna-cabs have pretty much rendered IRs useless for me personally. So much more intuitive.

Not sure if this is expected behavior, but In FM3 edit on my M1 Mac Mini, the CPU meter doesn’t update until I switch scenes. For example when changing from Normal to High or Ultra for a Reverb algorithm the CPU meter will go up immediately on the FM3 display, but not until I switch scenes in FM3 edit.

-Aaron

For some reason, now after each turning on the device, it starts to do "update after a new firmware!"

For some reason, now after each turning on the device, it starts to do "update after a new firmware!"
Confirm that Edit has write access to its preferences directory. If it doesn't and can't write, it'll repeatedly rescan when starting up. Check Edit's Settings > Preferences page for the location of its settings files.

Every version of the firmware will retrigger a scan, and will result in a cache file containing the information needed by Edit when dealing with that version of the firmware. For instance, mine currently contains:

Code:
FM3-Edit.settings               effectDefinitions_11_6p2.cache  effectDefinitions_11_71p0.cache
color-assignments_iii.dat       effectDefinitions_11_70p2.cache effectDefinitions_11_7p0.cache

In addition, a new, or even a different version of Edit, will rescan because Edit and the firmware need to be in sync about what blocks and their parameters are available. Edit knows what version last touched its preference file also, so occasionally we'll run into an upgrade process that forces it to rerun multiple times.

Bummer - same as before.
?...
Which version of FM3 Edit are you using?

@rglr

Ugh. I told the FM3 to upgrade its presets, and it failed and hung at approximately #70. It’s possible that there’s a problem child preset in the slot so I’ll try to get it to repeat. Will update when I know more.

Rerunning it again on the FM3 Mk 1, and #39, "The Brown Sound", hung, and after waiting a minute I cycled the power. A second attempt made it past there, and it progressed quickly until #74, which is probably where it hung before. It's proceeding slowly, ~2.25 sec/preset so it appears it's upgrading some stale presets. If it hangs again I'm going to reload the factory presets and see what happens.

To try and triangulate, I ran "upgrade" on the FM3-Turbo, and it flew through everything. I have recent backups from the Mk I that I can load into the Turbo to try to antagonize it and reproduce the problem if it reoccurs.
Mine stalled at Preset #81 on the first attempt. I have reordered mine so that is Hell's Glockenspiels.

I rebooted. It rebooted to Preset #80. I then repeated the upgrade process w/o incident.

Not sure if this is expected behavior, but In FM3 edit on my M1 Mac Mini, the CPU meter doesn’t update until I switch scenes. For example when changing from Normal to High or Ultra for a Reverb algorithm the CPU meter will go up immediately on the FM3 display, but not until I switch scenes in FM3 edit.

-Aaron
The same problem, I'm using PC...

Excited for the update, unfortunately, I'm running 6.01 and when I update to 7.00 and reboot the device, it hangs on the FM3 screen, the progress bar never starts, and the device does not fully boot up. I can run the emergency boot utility to downgrade the firmware back to 6.01 and everything works again. I also get the same result if trying to update to 6.02. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I've tried installing 7.0 firmware a couple times and get the same result. I've also updated Fractal Bot, FM3 Edit, and made sure I'm using the latest Windows USB drivers. Thanks.

I rebooted. It rebooted to Preset #80. I then repeated the upgrade process w/o incident.
I reran mine after a successful completion, and it failed much later. I'm about to wipe the presets and reload from a backup. If that doesn't help I guess it'll be time to reset the globals to poke it in the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom