FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potřeboval bych poradit, co dělám špatně, po aktualizaci FW plus dynycab se mi zobrazuje pouze 7 modelů reproduktorů, provedl jsem refesh, ale nepomohlo.

I experience a similar issue since the release of the first beta of 7. Patches over 80% CPU load cannot communicate with FM3-Edit any more if you keep playing. If you switch a scene while playing, Editor will keep showing you the previous scene until you stop playing.

Attached is Guthrie's GoT patch "ported" from AXE3 version by removing everything "extra", which displays the issue. Just keep playing after switching the scene to observe the issue. If you are on a scene 8, for example, and you switch to scene 1, after a second or two the sound will disappear completely and won't return until you stop playing. Once you stop playing, it will switch to scene 1 after another second or two, and you'll get the sound again.

Same behavior is with the on-device screen actually. It will not update until you stop playing.

One idea I had is that happens due to mini-tuner which is always on (it would be incredibly cool to have an option to turn it off completely, never use it, never will, don't want it to eat resources), but that probably a wrong speculation.

Attachments

• GG Friedman HBE V1.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The FM3 froze on me after importing AXE3 and FM3 versions of https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/_gift22/FAS-gift22-26-Dweezil-Zappa.zip as presets #004 and #005 respectively.
I was comparing them to see how I can use AXE3 preset with "delay" trick on FM3 (spoiler: totally works), when after switching from FM3 to AXE3 preset the device started sending clicking noises into speakers, no guitar sound. I switched back to FM3 preset, the sound was back. I switched back to AXE3 preset and the device fully froze while displaying the FM3 preset on device screen.

Will try to reproduce this later today.

I experience a similar issue since the release of the first beta of 7. Patches over 80% CPU load cannot communicate with FM3-Edit any more if you keep playing. If you switch a scene while playing, Editor will keep showing you the previous scene until you stop playing.
The FM3 froze on me after importing AXE3 and FM3 versions of https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/_gift22/FAS-gift22-26-Dweezil-Zappa.zip as presets #004 and #005 respectively.
I was comparing them to see how I can use AXE3 preset with "delay" trick on FM3 (spoiler: totally works), when after switching from FM3 to AXE3 preset the device started sending clicking noises into speakers, no guitar sound. I switched back to FM3 preset, the sound was back. I switched back to AXE3 preset and the device fully froze while displaying the FM3 preset on device screen.

Will try to reproduce this later today.
This isn’t a bug or an FM3 problem, those are symptoms of a preset exceeding the available CPU for the modeler. Besides clicking and no sound, if it’s too excessive the GUI can’t get enough CPU time and the unit freezes. Additionally, it can’t get enough time to talk to the USB so Edit will be affected.

From the manual …

IMG_0006.jpeg

The GOT page says:
🎁 Dweezil’s gift is a Preset+Cab Bundle designed for Axe-Fx III. FM9 and FM3 adaptations are also included, but these required some compromises.

You’ll need an FX3 to get that version of the preset to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom