FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. On the Layout->Meters page. Are you seeing the input meters for Input1 block but no output meters for that block?
I see input meter moving but no output.
2. When you edit the Input1 block what is the GAIN meter reading at the bottom of the page?
Maxed out on 0 db all the time.
3. When you edit the Input1 block what is the "Output Level" setting?
It's set to -10 db.
4. Navigate to Setup->Global Settings and scroll to the bottom. What is the "Input 1 Gain" setting?
Gain setting is 1.00
5. It is possible that system parameters might have been corrupted somehow during the upgrade. Navigate to Setup->Utilities->Reset page and reset system settings while running FW 7.00b3
Already done this but no change in behaviour.
Upload your system settings.

This works fine here too. If nobody can reproduce this problem you may have to contact support and send in the FM3.
Another person had the exact same issue so I don't believe it's a specific fault on my unit.
Everything works fine with FW 6.01 & FW 6.02 with the same system parameters.

Any peripherals connected to the FM3? Try disconnecting everything (including USB) with only input and output connected.
I only had normal guitar input, output1 XLR to soundcard & USB connected.
No difference if I unplug the USB.
And also if I load FW 6.01 or 6.02 with same system file, presets and cabs everything works!

Last edited:
I have now reinstalled Firmware 7 Beta 3 for the 4:th time today and I still get no sound out from the input block in any of the presets on my unit including factory and AustinBuddys.
I see the meters moving on Input 1 but nothing comes out from the Input 1 block going forward in the grid with firmware 7 beta 3 installed.

I have tried everything suggested here and also reset all system parameters but I don't think that is the issue since I got sound back both with Firmware 6.01 and 6.02 without doing any other changes. (I even downloaded the Firmware 7 beta 3 again just to make sure it was not a glitch during downloading)

I will now wait for any Fractal expert to chip in their part before I try anything else.

I had this same issue when I tried to install the beta the other day. Didn't have time to get into in depth troubleshooting, but I tried building a preset from scratch and still the same problem. Rolled back to firmware 6.02 and everything was back to normal. Just wanted to chime in to say you're not alone!
@Arcalaus Is your situation the same? Active meters on the input side of the Input1 block and the meters are dead on the output side of the block?

@Arcalaus Is your situation the same? Active meters on the input side of the Input1 block and the meters are dead on the output side of the block?
Yes. This is the case for all my existing presets, and also when I tried building a new one. Rolled back to 6.02 and everything went back to working as normal.

Installed the FW with my old W8.1 just following the instructions. No sweat, all went perfect.

The FW with the dynacabs is a Ferrari and I need more time to tame the beast. Had a thorough look at this perfect Marco Fanton video, did refresh and retweak my main presets, with a headphone unfortunately, and when playing later on on my home PA it sounded too thin on cleans and no time to redo the job with rehearsals and 2 gigs coming next fortnight. So provisorily switched back to 6.02 and will regive it a try next weekends. Absolutely high potential in there, incredible sound definition with Dynacabs, I just need more time.
Thanks for this great job to FAS.

beta almost blew my speakers, as soon as I switched from legacy to dyna, it made my speakers freak out with really loud noise (no audible guitar tone). After that happened it was normal as soon as I switched back to legacy. Then, I was building a preset with a legacy cab, then it started to clip for no reason. Not sure if anyone has experienced this yet, but tread lightly and wear ear protection!
I am getting this as well. Preset works as normal, but when I toggle to Dyna Cab (without pulling down the list , keeping same cabs)
full blown loud screeching noise, the only way to stop it was to reboot

Been playing around with DynaCabs on my interpretation of 4 channels of a JVM from clean to high gain. All four channels of the cab block have varying DynaCab configurations that I was happy with. Configured using my PRS Custom 24-08.

Attachments

• Marshall Madness.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 22
2 things I notice. I a running 7 beta 3 ,is in fm edit, when i try to make another scene(scene 2 with another amp, it changes my other scene(scene1 to the amp I just put in scene 2.
When using dyna cab 1(I am just running left out of FM3 to Apollo solo ) it sounds better to run my pan all the way to left.

2 things I notice. I a running 7 beta 3 ,is in fm edit, when i try to make another scene(scene 2 with another amp, it changes my other scene(scene1 to the amp I just put in scene 2.
did you change channels first?
When using dyna cab 1(I am just running left out of FM3 to Apollo solo ) it sounds better to run my pan all the way to left.
this makes it louder. louder can sound better, but it's just louder.

Loaded the 7.3 beta with no issues on my macbook pro. Did a show Saturday with no issues. The only thing I've realized when copy/paste my main preset 30 times, the tone or volume may change. I started out with empty preset slots and used the snap shot load up per preset. Each preset has it's own song title. Anyone?
I've noticed it to happen on ALL FIRMWARE updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom