FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
beta almost blew my speakers, as soon as I switched from legacy to dyna, it made my speakers freak out with really loud noise (no audible guitar tone). After that happened it was normal as soon as I switched back to legacy. Then, I was building a preset with a legacy cab, then it started to clip for no reason. Not sure if anyone has experienced this yet, but tread lightly and wear ear protection!

I have now reinstalled Firmware 7 Beta 3 for the 4:th time today and I still get no sound out from the input block in any of the presets on my unit including factory and AustinBuddys.
I see the meters moving on Input 1 but nothing comes out from the Input 1 block going forward in the grid with firmware 7 beta 3 installed.

I have tried everything suggested here and also reset all system parameters but I don't think that is the issue since I got sound back both with Firmware 6.01 and 6.02 without doing any other changes. (I even downloaded the Firmware 7 beta 3 again just to make sure it was not a glitch during downloading)

I will now wait for any Fractal expert to chip in their part before I try anything else.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys! When I first unzipped the file I somehow only unzipped the beta.syx file and not the others and never saw the dyna file. But it all works fine now. The Dyna cabs sound great!!

Really appreciate the constant improvements and evolution of a product I've owned now for a couple years! It's unprecedented and has made me a fan for life! Thank you Fractal team!

beta almost blew my speakers, as soon as I switched from legacy to dyna, it made my speakers freak out with really loud noise (no audible guitar tone). After that happened it was normal as soon as I switched back to legacy. Then, I was building a preset with a legacy cab, then it started to clip for no reason. Not sure if anyone has experienced this yet, but tread lightly and wear ear protection!
did the newest beta, no issues like what happened with v1 beta

Hi I just loaded the 7.0 Beta 3 but Fractal Bot will not let me install the dyna cabs file. It says:

"The connected FM3 version does not support Dyna-Cab(tm) files. Please install firmware 7.00 or greater."

I have 7.00 installed in the FM3. Any ideas what to do next?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 8.51.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 8.51.58 PM.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 8.56.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 8.56.46 PM.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi I just loaded the 7.0 Beta 3 but Fractal Bot will not let me install the dyna cabs file. It says:

"The connected FM3 version does not support Dyna-Cab(tm) files. Please install firmware 7.00 or greater."

Try the Fractal bot in axe edit if you are not using that already

This is definitely unusual but if it never climbs above 140 no damage is being done. Do you have any gear next to the FM3 which might be generating heat locally? You said the room is 68 but what is the temperature at the FM3?
I figured out that if I unplug the USB the fan goes off and the temp instantly starts dropping. Its now 12 degrees cooler and staying around there.

Did you reboot the FM3 after loading the firmware?

I have now reinstalled Firmware 7 Beta 3 for the 4:th time today and I still get no sound out from the input block in any of the presets on my unit including factory and AustinBuddys.
I see the meters moving on Input 1 but nothing comes out from the Input 1 block going forward in the grid with firmware 7 beta 3 installed.

I have tried everything suggested here and also reset all system parameters but I don't think that is the issue since I got sound back both with Firmware 6.01 and 6.02 without doing any other changes. (I even downloaded the Firmware 7 beta 3 again just to make sure it was not a glitch during downloading)

I will now wait for any Fractal expert to chip in their part before I try anything else.
I had this same issue when I tried to install the beta the other day. Didn't have time to get into in depth troubleshooting, but I tried building a preset from scratch and still the same problem. Rolled back to firmware 6.02 and everything was back to normal. Just wanted to chime in to say you're not alone!

Nothing is next to it. I do have one of the units that lights up when its off and the USB is hooked to the computer though. Would that do it?
I wouldn't think these issues are connected. Make sure all the vents are clear. There is a foam filter backing the fan- clean this too. I suppose if there is any dust inside the case covering the board that would hold some heat. Keep an eye on it but I think you're ok.

EDIT: I see your post regarding disconnecting USB now. You may need to contact support to handle this issue.

Last edited:
beta almost blew my speakers, as soon as I switched from legacy to dyna, it made my speakers freak out with really loud noise (no audible guitar tone). After that happened it was normal as soon as I switched back to legacy.
I had the same issue after successfully installing the 7.3 beta - switching the cab in an existing patch from Legacy to Dyna-Cab immediately resulted in loud unfocused noise, unrelated to any input from the guitar. Switching back to Legacy halted the noise. I power-cycled the FM3, which appears to have fixed the issue - subsequent switches from Legacy to Dyna Cab did not result in the loud noise.

Possible BUG FM edit. @rglr
Running the beta firmware with the specified FM edit, Dynacabs installed. I saw this last night and was able to get a repeat today. I was copying an amp channel from 1 preset, then opening another preset and pasting into an amp channel. See screenshot 1. After selecting any amp block page the display returned to normal. Here are the screen shots and presets. I was copying amp channel B of AZ Ruby Trem to the clipboard, and pasting to Amp channel B in the AZ Ruby preset. Yes I did refresh firmware after install.
Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.

A couple questions. First close FM3-Edit and perform all the following on the FM3 hardware. I want to eliminate FM3-Edit from the equation.

1. On the Layout->Meters page. Are you seeing the input meters for Input1 block but no output meters for that block?
2. When you edit the Input1 block what is the GAIN meter reading at the bottom of the page?
3. When you edit the Input1 block what is the "Output Level" setting?
4. Navigate to Setup->Global Settings and scroll to the bottom. What is the "Input 1 Gain" setting?
5. It is possible that system parameters might have been corrupted somehow during the upgrade. Navigate to Setup->Utilities->Reset page and reset system settings while running FW 7.00b3

A couple questions. First close FM3-Edit and perform all the following on the FM3 hardware. I want to eliminate FM3-Edit from the equation.

1. On the Layout->Meters page. Are you seeing the input meters for Input1 block but no output meters for that block?
2. When you edit the Input1 block what is the GAIN meter reading at the bottom of the page?
4. Navigate to Setup->Global Settings and scroll to the bottom. What is the "Input 1 Gain" setting?
5. It is possible that system parameters might have been corrupted somehow during the upgrade. Navigate to Setup->Utilities->Reset page and reset system settings while running FW 7.00b3
I see input meter moving but no output.
Maxed out on 0 db all the time.
It's set to -10 db.
Gain setting is 1.00
Already done this but no change in behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom