FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for the advice and input! I'm new to the Fractal game and this was the key:

Try using the Fractal Bot that is built into FM3 edit, and see if that is any different.

I got the same error with both the 32 and 64bit versions of the standalone Fractal-Bot however I was able to use the Fractal-Bot from within FM3-Edit just fine. Have you tried that?

I had no clue the Fractal Bot in the Tools section was its own thing. I just thought it was a command to open the software normally.
I guess in the future I'll use my Win10 machine to get these updates going. Thanks again everyone! :)

Possible BUG FM edit. @rglr
Running the beta firmware with the specified FM edit, Dynacabs installed. I saw this last night and was able to get a repeat today. I was copying an amp channel from 1 preset, then opening another preset and pasting into an amp channel. See screenshot 1. After selecting any amp block page the display returned to normal. Here are the screen shots and presets. I was copying amp channel B of AZ Ruby Trem to the clipboard, and pasting to Amp channel B in the AZ Ruby preset. Yes I did refresh firmware after install.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 27
  • AZ Ruby Trem.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • AZ Ruby.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Of course there are lines between the blocks! I have not touched any of my presets, just upgraded the firmware to 7 Beta 3.
Same issue on all presets!

Post a preset
Edit: check your system setup maybe something got messed up during the update. Input level etc.

I have now done a reset of the system parameters and still no sound out from the Input block!
I have also reloaded the firmware 7 Beta 3 again just to be sure.

I have used Fractal gear for many years, AXEFXII, AX8 and now FM3 that I've had for a year.
Never had this problem before!

Help!!!!!!!
I tried you preset and I'm getting audio... maybe you have a problem with your output device?
Just as a side note.. I'm using a mid-output humbucker guitar and this preset is really noisy and loud, maybe you're clipping so the daw or sound card or what else is muting the sound?

I tried you preset and I'm getting audio... maybe you have a problem with your output device?
Just as a side note.. I'm using a mid-output humbucker guitar and this preset is really noisy and loud, maybe you're clipping so the daw or sound card or what else is muting the sound?
I have now reverted to Firmware 6.01 and now I have sound on all presets again. No other changes done!

Guess I will not load Firmware 7 Beta 3 (again) since that one mutes all sound on my unit (specifically nothing out from the input block)!

I have now done a reset of the system parameters and still no sound out from the Input block!
I have also reloaded the firmware 7 Beta 3 again just to be sure.

I have used Fractal gear for many years, AXEFXII, AX8 and now FM3 that I've had for a year.
Never had this problem before!

Help!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear this. Revert back to the latest firmware and if it’s all working then try reinstalling the beta.

Sorry to hear this. Revert back to the latest firmware and if it’s all working then try reinstalling the beta.
I did do a revert to firmware 6.01 and then all presets have sound again!

After that I did a reinstall of Firmware 7 Beta 3 and again I have nothing coming out of the Input block on any of the presets!

Now I have reinstalled firmware 6.02 and then I got sound on all presets again!

Guess there is something seriously wrong with Firmware 7 Beta 3 and I will not try to load it again!

After that I did a reinstall of Firmware 7 Beta 3 and again I have nothing coming out of the Input block on any of the presets!

Guess there is something seriously wrong with Firmware 7 Beta 3 and I will not try to load it again!
did you try to build a preset from scratch with the new beta?
If it works you can figure out the difference in the Input block..

did you try to build a preset from scratch with the new beta?
If it works you can figure out the difference in the Input block..
No I did not try that.
None of all presets I have (Factory, AustinBuddys or my own) works so I doubt that there is an issue with my presets.

Nobody else has reported this issue...

Very strange!

No I did not try that.
None of all presets I have (Factory, AustinBuddys or my own) works so I doubt that there is an issue with my presets.
As a last thought.. they implemented a global Input1 level... maybe it's messing with your setup... did you check that your Input 1 is configured as it should?
input.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom