FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what's the roll back procedure?

Want to try it but if I can't equal my custom cabs, then I'll be needing to roll back to the previous full non-Dyna-Cab release etc, so how does that work with the Dyna-Cabs installed?
Rolling back to firmware 6.02 is the same as always. Just install that version. The installed DynaCabs will not impact 6.02.

Outside of Dyna Cabs, the new firmware (and the editor) is locking up under this condition:

1. Start a blank preset (or any preset where you can run a delay)
  2. Add Ambient delay, keep stock settings
  3. in Scene 1 have the repeat/stack/hold button on repeat
  4. in Scene 2 select stack without changing any other parameters
  5. in Scene 3 select hold and everything locks up
Thanks, I'll take a look.

A firmware thread is really not the place for this question.

But the answer is "no" because the parameter is part of the Amp block, which generates the effect. There's no way to "remove" it afterwards...
Just thought that since it’s a beta version, Cliff could probably look into it for the official release or new beta versions.
I didn’t know you are part of Fractal’s coding team to be so sure that this is not possible. In my mind it would be just adding a small button to the speaker compression section that would deactivate speaker comp for OUT2 in the background for when you are using a power amp + cab in the chain. If we can hard pan left and right different cabs using the same cab block I can’t see a reason why a button like that wouldn’t be possible to implement especially when the manual says you should set it to zero using a power amp + cab but the chain allows you to have two different outputs. Unless someone who works at Fractal says it’s not possible your “no” means “no”thing more than guessing to me.

I guess that’s the dynacabs loading .. at the same time I just switch it on and walk off for a bit :) no big deal

Outside of Dyna Cabs, the new firmware (and the editor) is locking up under this condition:

1. Start a blank preset (or any preset where you can run a delay)
  2. Add Ambient delay, keep stock settings
  3. in Scene 1 have the repeat/stack/hold button on repeat
  4. in Scene 2 select stack without changing any other parameters
  5. in Scene 3 select hold and everything locks up
This will be fixed in the next beta.

Just thought that since it’s a beta version, Cliff could probably look into it for the official release or new beta versions.
I didn’t know you are part of Fractal’s coding team to be so sure that this is not possible. In my mind it would be just adding a small button to the speaker compression section that would deactivate speaker comp for OUT2 in the background for when you are using a power amp + cab in the chain. If we can hard pan left and right different cabs using the same cab block I can’t see a reason why a button like that wouldn’t be possible to implement especially when the manual says you should set it to zero using a power amp + cab but the chain allows you to have two different outputs. Unless someone who works at Fractal says it’s not possible your “no” means “no”thing more than guessing to me.
Don't wanna be rude, but the fact you don't understand why it's not possible (or at least not easy) to implement doesn't make it easy to implement, nor makes statements made by others that do understand the issue just "guessing".

You can't add or remove compression (or any type of signal processing actually) at the output if that compression is originally applied on an arbitrary point of the signal chain.
Having speaker compression active on out1 and turned off on out 2 would need all the blocks after the amp block to be duplicated, cuz they'd need to process two different signals, and that means doubling the cpu usage for those blocks as well.
You can already do that manually, having a switch to do that automatically might not be easy to implement and not worth the effort imho (besides posing some other usage issues).

PS: there could be other solutions easier to implement but I don't know if they're feasible, for example splitting the compressed and uncompressed signals to the L/R channels coming out of the amp block, but that would still require stereo-only blocks afterwards or 2 different signal chains.
Or, as another option, applying the speaker compression algorithm directly at the outputs, but I guess that wouldn't be "authentic" sounding, since the signal being compressed would be already processed by all the blocks placed after the amp, so not the same as the one directly coming out of the amp.

Last edited:
Thanks for another update. I have a question. Is it possible in the future to increase the length of the IR Dyna-cab up to 2048, by reducing the slots for legacy.

Thanks for another update. I have a question. Is it possible in the future to increase the length of the IR Dyna-cab up to 2048, by reducing the slots for legacy.
Yeah I'm as ignorant as anyone who isn't on the Fractal team, but I'd take hit to user cab storage space if it meant I could have space for full res Dynacab. Not sure if that's even feasible.

Yeah I'm as ignorant as anyone who isn't on the Fractal team, but I'd take hit to user cab storage space if it meant I could have space for full res Dynacab. Not sure if that's even feasible.
if you look at the last page on on the beta 1 thread @rglr confirmed there is not enough space for full res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom