FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for another update. I have a question. Is it possible in the future to increase the length of the IR Dyna-cab up to 2048, by reducing the slots for legacy.
It a different processor that’s why using the Dyna Cabs in A3 uses more CPU because the cab is on a core
The FM3 handles cab processing differently so it does not have the same reserves as a seperate core
Some one correct me if I am wrong

It a different processor that’s why using the Dyna Cabs in A3 uses more CPU because the cab is on a core
The FM3 handles cab processing differently so it does not have the same reserves as a seperate core
Some one correct me if I am wrong
FM3 quietly processes ultra-res, which is much more) So the processor has nothing to do with it. But to store impulses in a higher resolution for a dyna cab is needed somewhere. I would rather clear 1000 slots that I don't use

As usual some people are wanting the bottom tiered unit to do what the big guys do. Be happy we got the Dynacabs. It has been explained multiple times why the FM3 won’t be running 2k Dynacab. There is massive bang for the buck with the little FM3, and we just got a huge update. And got it before the FM9. No pleasing some people. End of rant……

Man! So thankful for all the work Fractal team puts into all this. 7.00 V2 totally fixes the latency. This is going to considerably cut into my work day.

Something to note: I had an issue when trying to update to V2. Fractalbot would seem to be connected and then when I pressed "send" it would spawn an infinite number of "not connected" dialogue windows; I'd end up having to kill FractalBot in task manager. I was connected to FM3 edit at the time, so I closed that down and also switched to an empty preset and that seemed to remedy the problem.

Man! So thankful for all the work Fractal team puts into all this. 7.00 V2 totally fixes the latency. This is going to considerably cut into my work day.

Something to note: I had an issue when trying to update to V2. Fractalbot would seem to be connected and then when I pressed "send" it would spawn an infinite number of "not connected" dialogue windows; I'd end up having to kill FractalBot in task manager. I was connected to FM3 edit at the time, so I closed that down and also switched to an empty preset and that seemed to remedy the problem.
Yes, it lasso does that if you have both fractal bot and fm3 edit open at the same time

Hopefully, assuming the old FW will install normally with the new Dyna-Cabs on board, as I'm assuming there's no way to remove the Dyna-Cabs?
Once they're installed there's no way I've heard to remove them short of totally reverting to the original factory settings and reloading everything, but they also won't negatively impact any other blocks. They'll remain resident until the user wants to switch to them.

You crossed the beams, both Fractal-Bot and *Edit were trying to talk to the same device. Don't do that.

It'd be nice if they'd react a little more gently, it's amazing how fast the screen can fill with those alerts. But, after it happens once you won't want to do it again. :)

FAS is just amazing. I've never seen a company continue to push out such quality software updates with new features without requiring a paid maintenance contract. Love these guys.

And the new REVV models and Dynacabs are fantastic. Loving it.

I have had a tremendous scare. I was playing with my old patch then I switched the cab type to Dyna and very loud and continuous noise started. I turned it off and on than It did not happened again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom