FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now my unit is freezing constantly. Started doing it on Austin Buddy's Live Gold patch 295. Any time I switched from scene 1 to scene 2 from the hardware, it would freeze, and the sound would be like a clean amp with a slight bit of fuzz or breakup. After I power cycled, I tried switching the same scenes from FM3 Edit and it worked, but when I tried again from the hardware, it would freeze, and the input LED's would freeze at whatever they were on. Then it began doing it with FM3 Edit. So I thought maybe it was the USB cable. Unplugged the USB cable, rebooted the unit, and it froze on the splash screen after Uncompressing Dyna Cabs. After another reboot, it booted normally, but then would freeze when I switched to preset 296, which is also an Austin Buddy Live Gold preset (both use the 5150 Block Letter). After another reboot, it froze after booting into the preset and passed no sound. I rebooted into safe mode, did all the memory tests which it passed. I re-imported the Live Gold presets. Now it reboots into the preset, freezes immediately and passes no sound. The CPU was in the 62-63% range.
Finally got it to connect long enough to restore the factory presets and seems to be working ok. Looks like Buddy may need to do some updating. <shrug>

Thanks again to Cliff and co. for putting up with all the BS complaints over the years and continuing to improve their product anyway. These sound great now.

So, what's the roll back procedure?

Want to try it but if I can't equal my custom cabs, then I'll be needing to roll back to the previous full non-Dyna-Cab release etc, so how does that work with the Dyna-Cabs installed?

Could you not just change type of cabs to legacy and select user
You don’t have to use the dyna
Hopefully, assuming the old FW will install normally with the new Dyna-Cabs on board, as I'm assuming there's no way to remove the Dyna-Cabs?

Hopefully you're correct and it'll just work, would like to be sure though LOL!

Non-public Beeta testers should know...

Hopefully, assuming the old FW will install normally with the new Dyna-Cabs on board, as I'm assuming there's no way to remove the Dyna-Cabs?

Hopefully you're correct and it'll just work, would like to be sure though LOL!

Non-public Beeta testers should know...

Says in the text in the post under ‘improvements’ that the cab blocks have 2 modes, legacy or Dynacab. Shouldn’t need to remove it.

Is there any chance to split the Amp Speaker Compression Parameter in 2 so that it affects OUT 1 and OUT 2 individually? I have no clue on how complex this would be to code (or if it’s possible) but I am sending OUT 2 into a Neutral Tube Power Amp + onstage cab and OUT 1 to FOH so, if I set Speaker Compression to 1.0 OUT 1 sounds awesome but OUT 2 gets very compressed as the cab doesn’t need that additional compression.
Thanks!
A firmware thread is really not the place for this question.

But the answer is "no" because the parameter is part of the Amp block, which generates the effect. There's no way to "remove" it afterwards...

Outside of Dyna Cabs, the new firmware (and the editor) is locking up under this condition:

1. Start a blank preset (or any preset where you can run a delay)
  2. Add Ambient delay, keep stock settings
  3. in Scene 1 have the repeat/stack/hold button on repeat
  4. in Scene 2 select stack without changing any other parameters
  5. in Scene 3 select hold and everything locks up

Outside of Dyna Cabs, the new firmware (and the editor) is locking up under this condition:

1. Start a blank preset (or any preset where you can run a delay)
  2. Add Ambient delay, keep stock settings
  3. in Scene 1 have the repeat/stack/hold button on repeat
  4. in Scene 2 select stack without changing any other parameters
  5. in Scene 3 select hold and everything locks up

Freeze confirmed (the scene switching is not relevant).

I installed the new beta but when I try to install the dynamic-cab portion the fractalbot won't install it. I put the file in the bot window and when I click go nothing happens. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom