FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyna Cabs sound great, I'm pleasantly surprised as I have A LOT of good IRs ;)

Unfortunately I can confirm that there is a latency issue going on when using Dyna Cabs on my FM3. I will have to wait that they fix that before I can use Dyna Cabs productively 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just installed new firmware.

CPU usage on preset 82.6% no latency issue using Dyna-Cab (2 cabs/different mics)

Dyna-Cab is a wonderful piece of gear ! Thank You Fractal ! :)

Didn't tried new amps yet.

Holy crap, so curiosity got the better of me so I installed the beta, oh my word this is a massive change!

I’m not noticing any latency whatsoever , the dyna cabs are an absolute game changer, just had a 5 min noodle on the rev amps and they are stellar!

We’ll done fractal, we’ll done indeed :)

Edit - and holy crap the amp channel speed wtf! Awesome!

So it's straight up latency, the out of phase thing is coming from playing at low volume last night where I could still hear my guitar strings. These are Reaper screen shots where cab is applied to the left (top) wave and right (bottom) wave is straight to output. The first image is Dyna-Cab where we can clearly see some latency between the cab and non cab signals, in the 2nd image using Legacy cabs there's things perfectly align.

Dyna Cab Latency.jpgLegacy.jpg

Issue/Bug with Room Diffusion in Cab Block. Digital artifacts/noise. Value above 0 exhibit noise.

Edit: Didn’t read full thread. Already reported. Doh!

Attachments

• Room Diffusion Bug.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
  • FM3-230628-100329-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Came here to say the same. Not intended as a complaint--I'm thankful to have the FM3 port attempted. But right now, I would stick with the legacy cab system.
Would have to check the manual but is it possible to export the dynacab and then use your preferred setting as a user cab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom