FM3 Firmware Version 6.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! After installed 6.02 and after reboot FM-Edit can not connect to my fm3. Have removed all drivers and installed the new ones (april 2023). But still doesn't connect. Also in FM3 USB Audio Device Control Panel it says no device connected and in the tab About with Driver Info it's all empty. What can I do?
I'm on Windows 10.
Thx,
Joakim
New version FM-Edit installed?

I'm on the road and can't update right now, but since I have been begging for a larger font for years, I feel compelled to thank the Fractal team and @Admin M@ for making it happen. Can't wait to load it when I return. Much appreciated.

Just a note.
Running 6.02. Last night at rehearsal noticed my two primary Fender presets, based upon the BF SR and DR models sounded sort of dark and muffled. I also have a TR but didn't think to try it. Other amp models (Marshall, Cornford, etc) sound the same as far as I can tell. I'll try rolling back to 6.01 and see if they will return to previous tonality.

EDIT: Hm. I think it was my amp, sounds ok with my headphones, need to try with another amp.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the compressor algorithms are updated? I'm guessing no but got curious since the new compressor types are in there :)

Had a little issue with some cabs I have, I use ones from Edo for U2 stuff,

For some reason in version 6.02 using his cabs the levels are completely off, the meters on FM3-EDIT show that the output is well over the red (I presume over 12db), but listening in person you can barely hear anything coming out, I've tried a few things with levels from the cab but have had the same result.

Swapped over to some York Audio AC30 cab and the difference in levels is huge, bit of an odd one but I presume Edo would need to update the his cab IR for 6.02?

Yesterday I had a problem with my FM3: I turned it on, the design of the footswitches was "Presets".
The left Footswitch did not show the previus preset, but showed "- 1".
I tried to select other presets but the FM3 was frozen, I could not change anything. I was not able to change the footswitch layout.

I had to turn off the unit, I waited for 15 seconds, tuneed it on, than it worked fine.

Does somebody know this problem or had this prpblem?

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Last edited:
Thank you so much FAS.
Large fonts are amazing, and then I saw this.. This is such an awesome feature.

In Large mode:
  • Turn the VALUE knob and then press ENTER to change the preset.
  • Presets are shown in “preview” as dim text until you press ENTER.
  • While previewing presets, NAV left/right = -1/+1 preset; down/up = -10/+10.)

Lots of freezes after updating. Cpu increases wasn’t an issue with my main preset, but I’m having a lot of button freeze and audio drops

I’m upgrading all presets to current firmware and it’s been stuck on 3 with an ETA calculating for like 30 minutes. Should I turn it off or will that damage the firmware??

I’m upgrading all presets to current firmware and it’s been stuck on 3 with an ETA calculating for like 30 minutes. Should I turn it off or will that damage the firmware??
You can turn it off and won't hurt anything. You can always download the firmware again if you're worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom