FM3 Firmware Version 6.02 beta 1

Try another pc/Notebook. Never had any Problems with a fractal Unit like you.
😉
I have had every Fractal unit since 2007 on multiple computers. Have had three Axe FX units and two different FM9 units on this same computer.
Never had issues with any software.

Upon looking at the forum here and comments in this thread, issues with FM3 Edit are pretty common.

+1 on running editor as admin fixes problems

Has not worked for me. Trying different USB port. I looked on the FM3 Edit forum and there are four threads on first page about connection issues.
I guess it is fine for most people after some troubleshooting.

I am getting no errors so far after a short time on different USB port on PC.

Update- Ok over two different sessions on new USB port I am staying connected. 🤞

Last edited:
I had some issues with communication on my old computer Windows 11, since I built my new one I haven't had any communication problems. Trying another port usually does the trick and deleting unnecessary devices in Device Manager also helps. Hope you figure it out, spending time trying to troubleshoot means less time playing and drives me crazy.

If we can get a large fonts as defult option in the Global setting would be even nicer.
Why would it be nicer? You’d have to navigate through menus to adjust it. Currently you turn the zoom knob from the Home Screen and it’s set and remains until you turn it back the other way, even across reboots.

Why would it be nicer? You’d have to navigate through menus to adjust it. Currently you turn the zoom knob from the Home Screen and it’s set and remains until you turn it back the other way, even across reboots.
Oh, sorry my bad.
I just bot the firware, havn't try turn the unit on/off.
Now I know it remais this way, cool!

..... Trying different USB port .....

Update- Ok over two different sessions on new USB port I am staying connected. 🤞
I recall running into some issues a year or so ago. Turned out, in my case, my problems occurred when I was plugged into a USB3 (blue tongue) port on the computer. When I switched over to a USB2 (black tongue) port its been fine. Windows 10.

Maybe you ran into a similar anomaly?

I recall running into some issues a year or so ago. Turned out, in my case, my problems occurred when I was plugged into a USB3 (blue tongue) port on the computer. When I switched over to a USB2 (black tongue) port its been fine. Windows 10.

Maybe you ran into a similar anomaly?
Could very well be be as I switched to different port that is USB2 and it works fine now.

Has not worked for me. Trying different USB port. I looked on the FM3 Edit forum and there are four threads on first page about connection issues.
I guess it is fine for most people after some troubleshooting.

I had similar problems and my FM3 only connects to 1 of the 3 USB ports on my Windows 10 laptop without issues. I was troubleshooting for awhile and came to a conclusion that my too-long-USB cable had damaged my USBs somehow awhile back. I had to uninstall all of my USBs and a reboot of the laptop in an attempt to "fix" the USBs. This helped one of mine, but not all. Not sure if there is a real fix for my issue, but I thought I'd comment in solidarity.

I had similar problems and my FM3 only connects to 1 of the 3 USB ports on my Windows 10 laptop without issues. I was troubleshooting for awhile and came to a conclusion that my too-long-USB cable had damaged my USBs somehow awhile back. I had to uninstall all of my USBs and a reboot of the laptop in an attempt to "fix" the USBs. This helped one of mine, but not all. Not sure if there is a real fix for my issue, but I thought I'd comment in solidarity.
Not sure if others had posted a similar experience, but years ago i was involved in a project where we attached a specially made usb based device to a pc. We had this setup repeated a dozen times (i.e.,12 identical repeats) and one of the instances had usb communication issues.

It turned out that some of the pc model’s usb ports were on some kind of internal usb bus that messed things up. This bus was unknown to us until after a lot of investigation. If we plugged into another port that was not on the internal bus all was fine.

Back
Top Bottom