FM3 Firmware Version 6.00

I think this could be a bug (but possibly user error?) I'm on FW 6.0. I have set up a 2 button stand-in switch to change views with +1 and -1 assigned to separate switches. When tapping the "+1" switch, all is fine but when pressing the "-1" switch, the audio is muted temporarily. I have tried both a Mosky Dual switch and Boss FS-7 and both exhibit the same behaviour.

Also, I have noticed that in the "Stand-in Switches" page of the FC Controllers/ Onboard switches menu on the FM3, when I assign the SW2 Tip and SW Ring in the menu, the settings are not retained after switching the FM3 off.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Last edited:
@rglr

Noted that you intend to rectify this issue in a later release - thanks for that. In the meantime, is there anything to avoid to ensure there is no sound freeze whilst using the FM3 with FW6.0 - any amp block to avoid, any preset to avoid, or scenes, controllers, etc?
This particular issue is related to the Klon drive type with a modifier attached to a block parameter. I'm not aware of any Amp to avoid.

Have noticed this also and thought it was just me. Lag between preset changes (sound changes), scenes/channels switch faster.
Axe Edit unplugged also.
Great update - thanks FAS

Sorry I have this too since first Beta...timr when switching presets is a bit longer than wit FW 5.
The person I replied to said "massive lag". Is that your impression?

The person I replied to said "massive lag". Is that your impression?
Ok, may its a definition of massive... compared to the state with FW5 - YES.
At rehearsal it is more disturbing now if I switch to other preset in one song...befor it was less noticable.

Ok, may its a definition of massive... compared to the state with FW5 - YES.
At rehearsal it is more disturbing now if I switch to other preset in one song...befor it was less noticable.
Got it. Sounds like it's increased enough to stand out.

I don't usually change presets during a song so this issue never really bothers me on my Fractal stuff... But I know it's there.

Got it. Sounds like it's increased enough to stand out.

I don't usually change presets during a song so this issue never really bothers me on my Fractal stuff... But I know it's there.
In most cases aI also prevent switiching presets during a song.
But sometimes I try it to compare if another one fits better to the song or when recognizing during the song that I've started with the wrong preset...

The volume jumps which came along with fw6 is what bothers me most. Presets which never had it now have it. It is a quick moment between switching scenes where sound goes loud for a second like the base volume is going to 0dB and then scene's actual volume is applied. In many cases there are simply no mitigation, you just have to apply aggressive volume cuts to make up for the gain buildup etc. What to do in such cases?

I updated to FW v6 today before our band's rehearsal, there seems to be a noticeable amount of digital distortion on many of my presets now, that did not exist previously. It is unpleasant and very noticeable. Guhhh....

I updated to FW v6 today before our band's rehearsal, there seems to be a noticeable amount of digital distortion on many of my presets now, that did not exist previously. It is unpleasant and very noticeable. Guhhh....
Not heard something like that until now.... check your in and out levels if some is clipping ?

no clipping showing there, just harsh sounding and it's not related to a single amp or preset, it's on many of them now

Wouldn't say MASSIVE, but noticeable over FW5. Not a show stopper as most commented - wouldn't usually change preset mid song.
thanks
Improvements to blocks in a new firmware sometimes necessitate an adjustment to parameter settings on the fly at the time the preset is loaded. This is the case in FW 6.00. If your preset(s) haven't been saved to flash with the new firmware (thus saving the adjusted parameter values) then the firmware will have to adjust these parameter settings every time the preset is loaded.
So, the solution to speed up the preset changing is to save your presets to flash in the new firmware.
NOTE: once the preset is saved to flash in the new version of firmware you cannot use that preset in a previous version of firmware so backup your presets if you think you might want to revert to an older firmware version.

Improvements to blocks in a new firmware sometimes necessitate an adjustment to parameter settings on the fly at the time the preset is loaded. This is the case in FW 6.00. If your preset(s) haven't been saved to flash with the new firmware (thus saving the adjusted parameter values) then the firmware will have to adjust these parameter settings every time the preset is loaded.
So, the solution to speed up the preset changing is to save your presets to flash in the new firmware.
NOTE: once the preset is saved to flash in the new version of firmware you cannot use that preset in a previous version of firmware so backup your presets if you think you might want to revert to an older firmware version.
As far as I understand now - simple save the presets again after FW Update and it's done ?

Thanks - dumped all to PC thru Fractal bot and loaded them back in. Not actually sure it made it any faster to be honest? Maybe
Also I had tried the "Update all Presets" yesterday to try and speed things up that way but it froze @ preset 349. Didn't retry again.
Anyway ...sounds good

Thanks - dumped all to PC thru Fractal bot and loaded them back in. Not actually sure it made it any faster to be honest? Maybe
Also I had tried the "Update all Presets" yesterday to try and speed things up that way but it froze @ preset 349. Didn't retry again.
Anyway ...sounds good
I agree; I reloaded all banks with Bot, but it still seems to be slower. Not a problem for me because I'm not always changing presets, but just something to note.

Back
Top Bottom