FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something weird yesterday; and I'll add that my FM3 is still at church and I'll go get it later this morning. I updated to the beta 6 on Tuesday I believe. No issues, loved it. Set up my setlist for Sunday...no issues, loved it. I powered off the FM3 2 times during the period from update to Saturday evening..zero issues when powered back up for practices. Went to church yesterday and fired it up and it comes up on preset 001 and none of the footswitches work. Tried to go to the FS settings EZ mode...touching any switch did nothing. Packed it up, raced home restored the system settings and the footswitches came back to life and I was able to play, but Setlists weren't working. It let me set up the setlist, but when I modified the switch to advance the songs (as it had been before..working great), and tried it ...nothing. It just scrolled. I'd go back and check the switch config and it had reverted to the previous state.

As I said I'll have it home later this morning and will dig into it..but wondered if anyone had any ideas/thoughts.
You don’t need a Fractal Legend to solve this one-
Clearly the Messiah is not thrilled with your set-list my man.
Try adding the song “How Great Is Our God” to the list and I bet you’ll be fine.

Last edited:
I ve a problem with my preset... Every scene is below 82% of cpu but if i switch between one and an another sometimes it freezes due to cpu limit.. Anyone has the same problem? Thanks
I am still having random freezes as well. Try to recreate and post to bugs. I find it annoying that it worked fine before and now I had to dumb down my own presets in order for a couple people to use a Klon and more triple advanced features. I got the beta blues......

I'm wondering if the FM3's presets will need updating after the firmware 6 gets released like it was for firmware 5, OR is this not necessary this time around?

Running this beta, and had major switch freezing at church gig today that resolved once I removed the hold functions on my per-preset overrides. Not sure if that was coincidence or not, but I had freezing/rebooting on the first song during rehearsal and during each of the next two services (reboots before each service). After removing Hold functions, I had no issues at all during the 3rd service. I described this in more detail on the relevant thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/footswitches-frozen-in-perform-mode.182046/post-2340851. This has been an issue for myself and others for some time, so probably not strictly a 6.0 issue, but thought I would crosspost it here.

Fw 6.0 b3 installed, great improvements! I have a bug with some sim (USA pre LD2 red or USA JP IIC+) It is more evident on channels with more overdrive and playing high notes. I tried different guitars and cables but the noise is still there (it only happens with some boogie sims).
I recorded a small sample where a kind of annoying noise is perceived:

Nobody has this issue on USA pre LD2 red or JP IIC+ Yellow/Red sims?

Why isn’t speaker impedance curve setting in the speaker tab on the amp block? I have to go to the advanced tab to find it. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have it with the other speaker settings? (This is on device, not edit software)

Why isn’t speaker impedance curve setting in the speaker tab on the amp block? I have to go to the advanced tab to find it. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have it with the other speaker settings? (This is on device, not edit software)
real estate?

real estate?
I think it's for when you try to run the Fractal unit + SS Power Amp -> Real Cabinet.
Moving the speaker impedance curve into the cabinet block would require that all presets that need to go to a real cab (no need a Cab block in the preset) would still have to have a mandatory Cab block in order to overlay the "right" speaker impedance curve between the Fractal unit & the Real Cab.

I think it's for when you try to run the Fractal unit + SS Power Amp -> Real Cabinet.
Moving the speaker impedance curve into the cabinet block would require that all presets that need to go to a real cab (no need a Cab block in the preset) would still have to have a mandatory Cab block in order to overlay the "right" speaker impedance curve between the Fractal unit & the Real Cab.
He's not asking about the Cab block. He's asking about the placement within the Amp block.

May be a bug in the cab block. Using both cab mixes, the levels parameter will not change when blending the cabs. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom