FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that….makes no sense to me, not sure what this means
‘This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.’
That seems to say if you turn it ‘off’ scenes work as normal. What does it do if it’s ‘on’
I will wait til someone puts a video up on YouTube. Thanks.
"When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel."

You can now tell a given block to ignore scene changes. Use the Drive block as an example, you can have it either ignore or execute scene changes. This is assignable per each channel, so you can make that determination for each of the four available channels. Basically you get to determine if a scene change affects a given block (and make the determination across all four channels).

Hope that helps.

Who is feeling gamish for some Beeeta Thummmmp on a Canadian long weekend ??? :)
As long as it's before noon and I can update the unit before leaving for camping, sure 🤣 otherwise I'll dream of coming back home...

I have had this very rare intermittent problem with my FM3. Not sure if it's related to the 5.03 firmware or the hardware. Sometimes I get high end fizzy distortion when I use the FM3 in 4CM. It will affect one side of the loop or the other. The volume and the low end also are lowered.

I have a Morningstar ML5 controlling the pre-side and post side of the FM3, so I can turn off on side or the other to see where it's happening. If I use the FM3 without using its loop, it isn't there. Same if I use everything else in my setup but the FM3.

If I reboot the FM3, it goes away. It doesn't happen very often. It happened today, but it's been a long time since the last time it happened.

Happy to wait however long it takes but yep looking forward to that Klon(e) hitting the FM3!!!
I've read all the hype about how great the Klone was.
Not sure I've ever heard or seen on in real life.
I've also watched as different types of distortion pedals were modeled that also had a lot of hype. They all sound pretty damn good.
But in the end...I personally always end up right back with the Tube Screamer.

I've read all the hype about how great the Klone was.
Not sure I've ever heard or seen on in real life.
I've also watched as different types of distortion pedals were modeled that also had a lot of hype. They all sound pretty damn good.
But in the end...I personally always end up right back with the Tube Screamer.
I've not ever played a Klon either and have to rely on others' input. I have yet to hear anything that seems earth shaking. In the end there are so many great options (and many are quite similar). TS is rock solid, but there are so many on the market so it'll never command the same $$$.

As (I believe) Cliff as stated regarding the Klon,"it does a thing". :p

I won't lie that I'm not interested in at least checking out the Klon model though. I expect to be disappointed; we'll see. If I wanted an actual pedal to do the Klon thing, then I'd probably go for a Wampler Tumnus. Some reviews have it out-Kloning the Klon (it produces less noise apparently).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom