FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an issue in this beta where, when using the effects loop, I am getting a metallic sound across all presets that use it. If I just run blocks from Input 1 to Output 1, it is fine. Attached a sample preset.

Attachments

• Rit 1995.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm having an issue in this beta where, when using the effects loop, I am getting a metallic sound across all presets that use it. If I just run blocks from Input 1 to Output 1, it is fine. Attached a sample preset.

In the light of the above, I don't understand the preset. IN 1 is connected to OUT 2, and IN 2 is connected to OUT 1.

I tried your preset and had no problems. I used a patch cable instead of an external effect.
If you're using a stereo effect, do you have Input 2 Mode set to "Stereo" on the FM3?

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the preset but an external device will add some latency. If it is running parallel then that can result in phasing issues as far as I remember.

This beta release sounds really good I haven't found any bugs as I've just been playing the same patch for the last few hours.
The speaker impedance is really useful and is not as subtle as I expected . I tend to be to the left of 1 which scoops the mids more which I tend to do a lot in mixing.

I tried your preset and had no problems. I used a patch cable instead of an external effect.
If you're using a stereo effect, do you have Input 2 Mode set to "Stereo" on the FM3?
I am running a TC Hall of Fame in mono. I did try changing settings on input and output 2 but there was no improvement. I ran a patch cable instead to see if it was the pedal and it still was doing this lo-fi metallic sound. I rolled the FW back to 5.02 and it was fine yesterday and now I fired it up and it is doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom