FM3 Firmware Version 5.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently my brain said. “Has anyone else noticed this?” But my fingers haven’t oh well
Been there... :)

I've not seen any reports of this issue on the forum other than yours.

Doesn't mean it's not happening but it may be a "user created" scenario.

In which case, the previously requested sample presets would be best.

It would excellent if you could get your numerous friends reporting obvious audio gaps when switching scenes to provide presets that show the issue.
I’ll see if i can Get a preset. I haven’t bothered with my fm3 this week much lol. Unfortunately they dont frequent the forum

I haven’t played the new firmware much myself but I have numerous friends reporting obvious audio gaps when switching scenes now. It started with them noticing a bigger gap than usual when switching drives and said it’s even more obvious if there’s a few more effects

@rglr

I'm not noticing that. That includes scene changing where the amp channel is changing but I haven't done any extensive testing.

No problems with the audio here switching Scenes via FC or the Software Editor (latest FX, using a kitchen sink preset with on average 78% CPU and no Amp Channel switching, and 82% CPU on one Scene with Smart Harmony).

Another thought, if your numerous friends are using the Software Editor, it's Scene display will lag behind the audio and that can give a false impression.

Get a preset uploaded here as there are too many variables such as CPU load per Scene, Routing, Channels, and Block types etc that all can influence this I'm guessing...

I haven't noticed any extended gaps when switching scenes. I usually run 4-6 scenes per preset with the amp channel switching in every scene. Sounds the same as always to me.

I posted this in the bugs section, but will add here that I've had several instances recently on both 5.02 beta 1 and 5.02 where my footswitches all stopped working (once during a gig) and I had to power cycle the unit. In two of the last 3 instances, the screen had also changed to itself - once to the tuner screen, and once to the layout screen.

w
I posted this in the bugs section, but will add here that I've had several instances recently on both 5.02 beta 1 and 5.02 where my footswitches all stopped working (once during a gig) and I had to power cycle the unit. In two of the last 3 instances, the screen had also changed to itself - once to the tuner screen, and once to the layout screen.
what's the CPU of that preset when this happens?

w

what's the CPU of that preset when this happens?
I’ve had something similar and have posted in Bugs too - only happened post FW5 on presets that previously worked fine - I found in my scenario to be a Plex block that was spiking CPU when playing - if I stopped playing, the unit would “catch up” with whatever button presses I had made in the freeze up period - much like an old PC catching up with mouse clicks!!

Possible bug: when adjusting “FC PER-PRESET” parameters on the unit, when you’re using the arrows to go down, the cursor goes off screen. When going up it works fine. I have not tried every layout.

See video.

@rglr @Admin M@

EDIT: The video says 5.02b but it is indeed this actual full release (giggity).

Last edited:
Possible bug: when adjusting “FC PER-PRESET” parameters on the unit, when you’re using the arrows to go down, the cursor goes off screen. When going up it works fine. I have not tried every layout.

See video.

@rglr @Admin M@

I think this is a problem since FW 1 or 2. But nice to see that I am not the only one experiencing this :)
The problem is on every of the 24 overrides, iirc.

Thanks for update!
Accidentally noticed that the factory preset Plexpressor doesn't work, it mutes cause CPU limit.

That's the plan. Axe-Fx III 19.06 needs to become a final release first work begins on adding Setlists/Songs to FM3 and FM9.
Will the setlist feature be useful on the FM3 without significantly decreasing the time it takes to load a new preset, or will the setlist feature somehow eliminate (or significantly reduce) the gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom