FM3 Firmware Version 5.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an issue with MIDI since 5.02.
I use a Meloaudio MIDI Commander clone (rebranded Harley-Benton MP 100 with same Fractal Scene firmware as the Meloudio) and switching preset up (the up and down buttons on the right) most times jump 2 forward instead of 1 preset. Backwards working normal - decrement only 1 preset as expected. Scene change buttons working too.
May someone has similar issues ?
Nothing changed at MIDI setup settings on the FM3 or de MIDI device itself since firmware update.
Ignore Redundat PC set to ON as it was before.

have the issues on booting the FM3 been patched? thats the reason why I am currently still on 4.01. had this happen to me several times on 5.01

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-issue-with-new-firmware-gets-stuck-on-booting.181790/
This didn't happen to my FM3 with 5.01 or 5.02b. But, it did happen to me for the first time last night with 5.02, luckily cycling the power worked and no issues since (knock on wood). To be fair, I was cycling the unit more than normal trying to troubleshoot some MIDI issues, so I may have induced the error on my own.

Last edited:
Fractal is always ahead! Unfortunately, now I can't enjoy update 5.02, because my FM3 was evacuated from Kyiv with me, and the monitors remained in Kyiv... We have a war...
ahem "SPECIAL MILITARY OPERATION" ...:sweatsmile:

For real, though, glad you're safe - or at least safe enough for now to post on the Fractal Forum. Hopefully your monitors will still be there when you go back.

Sorry guys probably has been already discussed but how can i try the same settings switching from an amp in channel A with another in channel B without set again? Thanks

Sorry guys probably has been already discussed but how can i try the same settings switching from an amp in channel A with another in channel B without set again? Thanks
The question has nothing to do with this beta. If the image below doesn't answer your question, please create a new thread.

Attachments

• Monosnap 2022-04-06 11-00-34.png
    Monosnap 2022-04-06 11-00-34.png
    420.7 KB · Views: 95
To be fair, I've NEVER seen anyone go from Fractal to Helix; always the other way around (unless they just can't handle the UI), so he's not entire incorrect, by my biased anecdotal evidence lol.
The biggest complaint that the one person on my own forum that went Fractal to Helix was EXACTLY the UI.

Honestly, if a person starts with FM Edit and the top level of each block it's not that hard to learn the rest. Learning to program on the device itself makes a lot more sense. I've had my FM3 for about 4 months, used it to record, shoot YouTube videos and I'm starting to use it as my live rig on a weekly basis for club and special event work and I can't imagine switching to Helix. Or Kemper or QC, for that matter. You can make any of these devices sound pretty good if you get to know them but in the short time I've had my FM3 there have been three firmware updates that have improved the sound and features of my product. And the ability to deep dive on everything has made it easier for me to move into using a digital device live because it has helped me get closer to the sound and feel of my actual amplifiers on stage. The subs that I had for my main gig during the pandemic used Helix and Kemper and the rest of the band hated it because they were never able to get the stage/IEM sounds right. I've been able to do that right off the bat with the FM3.

/rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom