FM3 Firmware Version 5.02 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main clean preset (based on the bandmaster) jumped up to around 85% after the update. I have a gig this evening and I pulled out the chorus block as I won't be using that in any of the songs and brought it back down under 80. I know that I'm probably fine but it's for my peace of mind to avoid any glitches. Hopefully, they'll tweak this a bit

My main clean preset (based on the bandmaster) jumped up to around 85% after the update. I have a gig this evening and I pulled out the chorus block as I won't be using that in any of the songs and brought it back down under 80. I know that I'm probably fine but it's for my peace of mind to avoid any glitches. Hopefully, they'll tweak this a bit

Yep - same here. Since CFNB was ported to the FM3 I've seen my base 4 presets increase by %3 <-> %4 percentage points consistently across the board.

As well as hopefully fixing the Tweed Deluxe "issue" that is being looked at, I'm hoping further refinements will see the CPU %'s drop back to the same or [possibly] lower than before CFNB was ported over.....

I only say this because when the initial posts of CFNB were made, I interpreted what was said as being that CFNB was not only (i) more accurate, but (ii) it was also more "cpu efficient" ... like I said though, that was just my interpretation ..... I could very well have misinterpreted what was being explained / been totally wrong at the time :)

Thanks,
Ben

Yep - same here. Since CFNB was ported to the FM3 I've seen my base 4 presets increase by %3 <-> %4 percentage points consistently across the board.

As well as hopefully fixing the Tweed Deluxe "issue" that is being looked at, I'm hoping further refinements will see the CPU %'s drop back to the same or [possibly] lower than before CFNB was ported over.....

I only say this because when the initial posts of CFNB were made, I interpreted what was said as being that CFNB was not only (i) more accurate, but (ii) it was also more "cpu efficient" ... like I said though, that was just my interpretation ..... I could very well have misinterpreted what was being explained / been totally wrong at the time :)

Thanks,
Ben
I am a big fan of my FM3, but I do, on occasion, like to push the boundaries of CPU when writing a part, etc. It's mostly reverbs that do it. This CPU upward usage has me considering the AFIII.

But is it possibile to make improvements without cpu increase? We cant pretend anything.. My opinion
I don't mind the increase in CPU. I do observe the increase. I agree that that's inevitable with any improvements. For me, my live preset still sits under 70%, but as I tinker around with new sounds at home, I do observe the limits. Still a happy camper though!

Y’all i was going to do a new thread using the title format for new firmware’s since it’s April fools day here in the states. But i can’t be that cruel. To the fm3 guys. Brb going to the fm9 forum. Lol jk

Haha! No man who ever slapped another man has ever laid the "smack down." ;)
I'm not sure about that. The times I've seen a grown man slap another grown man the slappee* has usually been so blindsided with the whole thing that any aggression that was there in the beginning has at that time turned into something else entirely, mostly visible confusion. If they are waiting for a punch, or a shove, a slap executed well may do wonders. Especially if the slappee* threw the first punch / made the first move. It's a bold strategy, but it just might work.

*Not sure about the terminology, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I am glad that the sound quality is improving. But will everyone be satisfied with a perfect preset consisting only of input, amp, cab and output? 😁
I am still counting on optimization and expandability of the presets.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to play live. And I have to say I haven't had any problems with either my presets that show WARNING or the black screen. The sound was perfect. The distortion sounds made IMHO professional. I need to work on a soft clean sound.
I was very pleasantly surprised.

I haven’t tried this yet, using the FM3 to compensate for off tunings. Using the pitch block yes?
The Virtual Capo is good. I was one of the most outspoken critics of Fractal’s polybpitch shifting and now I’m one of the most outspoken proponents. I gig my FM3 regularly and use the VC in about 10 or so songs. I love it. Bring one guitar to the gig now.

The Virtual Capo is good. I was one of the most outspoken critics of Fractal’s polybpitch shifting and now I’m one of the most outspoken proponents. I gig my FM3 regularly and use the VC in about 10 or so songs. I love it. Bring one guitar to the gig now.

I think you are just outspoken, period. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom