FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a gig this evening - very excited to give 5.01 a shot at gig volume. Made some tweaks to all of my base presets and reset my levels - should be great. Good luck to all those gigging this weekend. May your fingers do your tone justice and vice versa!

Me too. I had have to change from ultrares to normal some IR in many presets. In beta they were in ultrares and I don't know why that increase of cpu with the final version🧐

Last edited:
got confused for a bit - "FM3 Firmware Updates" thread is stuck at 5.0.
Is 5.01 an underground thing? :eyes:

Just played a big gig Saturday night. 5.01 was flawless for me, however, my bassist, @Thirtyandseven, who also uses the FM3, had a fatal crash that required a reboot when switching to a particular preset before the next song. We both use OnSong to control our FM3s with MIDI - and that might've had something to do with it. Not sure how to replicate this, as it only happened once, but otherwise, everything worked well for both of us.

Last edited:
got confused for a bit - "FM3 Firmware Updates" thread is stuck at 5.0.
Is 5.01 an underground thing? :eyes:
Once the new FW is released, the old FW thread is moved to the normal forum and no longer stickied; it's typically locked so it ends up getting buried. I'm not sure if they remove access to the FW file, too, but they might.

Just played a big gig Saturday night. 5.02 was flawless for me, however, my bassist, @Thirtyandseven, who also uses the FM3, had a fatal crash that required a reboot when switching to a particular preset before the next song. We both use OnSong to control our FM3s with MIDI - and that might've had something to do with it. Not sure how to replicate this, as it only happened once, but otherwise, everything worked well for both of us.
5.02?

5.01* lol

And yeah it was essentially a “grey screen of death”. Was a bummer that OF COURSE happened in the middle of a set at the big gig. Was able to get around it. Not like it ruined the show, but it sucked.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a modeler do quite that before. I’ve had my foot switches on my helix stop working mid set. Don’t ever remember a crash.

Edit: just to add I THINK audio was still able output and it may have just been a GUI crash but my first reaction was to power cycle being mid-set lol.

Wow, hadn't thought of doing something like that. Can this be done with an ios device?

Sean Meredith-Jones
Absolutely. I've been doing it for years. I don't use OnSong though, I've been using Bandhelper. Our whole band uses it and it's been flawless. Drummer even uses it for clicks/tempo. Program our set lists, tap the song, switches to the right preset. Hardly any tap dancing except to go between scenes. We use the Yamaha Bluetooth Midi Adapter. Takes some work to get all your songs/presets/midi presets set up, but then it's easy going forward to build set lists.

Same problem here with CPU usage. Just updated yesterday and my main going preset, which is usually around 80% of cpu usage, went up in cpu and ...freezes. Changing scene then led to a total freeze of the unit, gui not responding and footswitch neither (but still with sound). Happens everytime so far.
Any recomendation for a direct workaround, or shall i downgrade back to previous firmware?

2.5 Weeks ago FAS said there is bug in the power amp section. I know there are many post where the players are happy with the new release.
As a bass player I must say that the Release 5.1 is not usable for at least the citron 200 bass amp. (if you are playing a clean, not distorted tone) Therefore I went back to the beta 5.1 release.
@FAS: in my opinion this bug should be documented as a limitation in the official release notes as it seems to take time to fix it. Otherwise some new FM3 users would be disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom