FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

Oh, and I saw Akira with Loudness opening for the Crue. It means one thing: I am old.
Random six degrees of separation moment: when that tour happened, Mick Mars was married to the cousin of friends (brother and sister) I've known since I was about 2 years old.

Their whole family got backstage passes in Sacramento.

My friend's mom (who wasn't really hip to the music) said nobody paid any attention to Loudness backstage at all, to the point that she felt sad for them.

I would have killed to be backstage with Akira... Although I don't know how good his English was back then :)

Somewhere I still have a signed headshot of Mick with one of the backstage stickers on it that they gifted me.

Oh, your acquaintances were so close to this moment) Very cool. My sister had a signed picture of Akira somewhere, I have no idea where she got it, but she treasures it

The “Upgrade Presets” utility is only used for the factory presets? I mostly have Austin Buddy’s loaded on my FM3 with a few factory and original presets.

@Lecchu Please attach the preset created with the 4.00 version of the firmware so I can troubleshoot.
Here you go ;)
The preset uses the commercial IR UltraRes, I can't include it, it's YorkAudio Bogner V30.
In firmware version 4.00 preset fluctuated around 80% CPU, now n version 4.01 84% and sometimes displays "Warning" in FM3Edit (ie jumps over 85%).
Best regards and thank for you job and caring
L.

PS In firmware 4.01 i changed EchoDensity in Reverb block from 8 to 5 and now I can play. But globally CPU increses on ever me poresets

Attachments

• CS Tweed 400b.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Great job. I noticed something fresh about that tone and when watching had
to get off my bum and go see what amp model you were using. Stellar. :)

Oh, and I saw Akira with Loudness opening for the Crue. It means one thing: I am old. ;)
Time warp. If you lived in NY in the 80s and couldn't get MTV there was a short lied music video channel called U68 that played videos. Let It Go was a staple. Such great playing and a hooky song even if the lyrics weren't the greatest (but far better than I could do in another language)

Time warp. If you lived in NY in the 80s and couldn't get MTV there was a short lied music video channel called U68 that played videos. Let It Go was a staple. Such great playing and a hooky song even if the lyrics weren't the greatest (but far better than I could do in another language)

I grew up in NY. Thanks for the U68 and the "I'm old" reminder :)

Good times

The “Upgrade Presets” utility is only used for the factory presets? I mostly have Austin Buddy’s loaded on my FM3 with a few factory and original presets.
No, I don't think so. I don't have any factory presets, I also have Austin Buddys and also some very nice Fremen presets. When I upgraded to 4.01 my preset switching was very sluggish so I ran the preset utility and that fixed the slow switching.

No, I don't think so. I don't have any factory presets, I also have Austin Buddys and also some very nice Fremen presets. When I upgraded to 4.01 my preset switching was very sluggish so I ran the preset utility and that fixed the slow switching.
Fact. Read up above in this thread. This affects every preset in flash memory. I think using the term "flash memory" is throwing some people off. It affects all of your loaded presets.

Random six degrees of separation moment: when that tour happened, Mick Mars was married to the cousin of friends (brother and sister) I've known since I was about 2 years old.

Their whole family got backstage passes in Sacramento.

My friend's mom (who wasn't really hip to the music) said nobody paid any attention to Loudness backstage at all, to the point that she felt sad for them.

I would have killed to be backstage with Akira... Although I don't know how good his English was back then :)

Somewhere I still have a signed headshot of Mick with one of the backstage stickers on it that they gifted me.

Wow. What a cool story. :)

I recall Loudness sounding great. Akira's tone was always SO good. They didn't have
much room on stage though. Looked like the first 12 feet and then all Crue behind
them.

Motley kinda sucked to be honest. As they are known for. Vince has never been known
to sound good live and he never seemed to love the craft as much as the party, so he
didn't put in the work and take care of himself. Oh, and a lot of pink and glitter. It was
the Theatre Of Pain Tour after all. :)

What is the average wait time for the “Upgrade Presets” process?? I’ve tried it twice and it stops around the 80% mark. Waited about an hour for each try before switching it off.

What is the average wait time for the “Upgrade Presets” process?? I’ve tried it twice and it stops around the 80% mark. Waited about an hour for each try before switching it off.
Took about 15-20 mins for me (can't be sure b/c I came back at the 20 min mark and it was complete). It apparently went smoothly with no hitches.

Hi
Haven't upgraded yet but just wondered from anybody that has and done the “Upgrade Presets” does this change any of the preset settings on the amp block for example like resetting the amp block does after a normal major firmware .
Haven't seen any mention of this in the thread, sorry for a dumb question.
Cheers
G \../

Back
Top Bottom