FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 3

Does anyone know - is there something that works with the USB-A port in 4.00?
I am curious to know if I can play audio from my iOS device thru USB-A...

It may be a redundant question that has been asked and answered a million times, but it is hard to search for in the forum

Im not aware of any use for the port as of yet, some people commented that it would be good to export/import all of the units backup/patches/cabs to a usb flash drive without using fracbot

Does anyone know - is there something that works with the USB-A port in 4.00?
I am curious to know if I can play audio from my iOS device thru USB-A...

It may be a redundant question that has been asked and answered a million times, but it is hard to search for in the forum
My understanding is the port is reserved for future use, but nothing has been committed as far as I know. I believe you can output to the FM3 using the B port if you have a USB kit for your ipad. I think it can act as a recording interface at least.

Here's where I hijack a little. IMO since the FM3 is meant for gigging, for the type A USB port I think it would be a good being able to dump a snapshot backup (including firmware) to a memory stick and then be able to restore it on another unit. Makes redundancy and backups easier because you'd have your presets, firmware and everything and be able to just shift to a back up or loaner unit if your primary failed. And then you don't need to worry about if you changed presets on the new firmware if you want to roll back because everything would be contained in the snapshot/clone.

Reactions: JD_
My understanding is the port is reserved for future use, but nothing has been committed as far as I know. I believe you can output to the FM3 using the B port if you have a USB kit for your ipad. I think it can act as a recording interface at least.

Here's where I hijack a little. IMO since the FM3 is meant for gigging, for the type A USB port I think it would be a good being able to dump a snapshot backup (including firmware) to a memory stick and then be able to restore it on another unit. Makes redundancy and backups easier because you'd have your presets, firmware and everything and be able to just shift to a back up or loaner unit if your primary failed. And then you don't need to worry about if you changed presets on the new firmware if you want to roll back because everything would be contained in the snapshot/clone.
It would be cool if they could make it where you can connect with an iPad with usb-c to usb-a connector, and Androids, and one could use the FM3 port for ios without additional hardware.

I would like to have the klon in the preamp section as input boost
I really like my Tumnus stacked into the OCD in my tube rig. Fractal gave us the OCD but still no Klon-ish drives. I’m new to the Fractal world but I get the impression that the Fractal powers that be aren’t interested in anything Klon.

I'd be happy with some power on the USB port already to fire up the LED stripe under may FM3/board :) (think that's not the case yet)

I really like my Tumnus stacked into the OCD in my tube rig. Fractal gave us the OCD but still no Klon-ish drives. I’m new to the Fractal world but I get the impression that the Fractal powers that be aren’t interested in anything Klon.
I am the Fractal Forum Klon Thread Administrator in charge of pestering the Fractal Audio guys for a Klon block. It will not be an option in the drive block, we are talking full on block just like the amp and cab blocks. It will have options for the Tumnus, Gold and Silver Klons, J Rockett Archer, MXR Sugar Drive, EHX Soul Food, Klon KTR, JHS Klone, and others. It will be the goto effects block like non other. I'm thinking firmware 4.5 would be a good entry. Thanks all for your support.

Agree - I like the idea of complete backup/restore to a thumb drive. If it had this, I'd probably just carry a 2nd FM3 to the gig and leave it in the car in case it was needed.

If anyone is looking for the link for the beta, it's on Page 2 here: [link removed]

The original OP should be updated pointing to the new download link unless they'd rather not do that.

Thanks all!

Edited: link has been removed :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom