FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 3

I saved all files before updating to beta 3, updated to beta 3 and only checked out a few things and then rolled back to beta 2.
Do i have to reimport all my backup files, or am i good to go? (I just sent beta 2 again through FracBot)
I didn't change any settings or presets, i only played a bit on beta 3 ...

I noticed you took the main link down but left this one. Accidental or because this one is fine. I haven’t had any issues really anyway other than even better tone 😂. So just curious.
Main link was edited yesterday and comment of fan issue added
i would wait a bit , i am sure they are on it and will repost beta 4 later this week

Should we go back to the first beta of FW 4? My unit works fine with Beta 3 but I do not want to risk a damaged unit 😀 very confusing and we are all speculating...could someone from the FAS crew and/or beta testers explain whats happened and caused the fan problems? I know IT IS beta fw but no one wants his unit to get damaged 😐

I think the caveats of using this beta are the same as with any other. If FAS believed differently, they would remove the link and say so :)

They deleted the link to download this release.

I suggest you all to downgrade to beta 2 and just wait. There is no hurry, we already have Cygnus.

I know, I’m pessimistic, but I don’t want to damage my unit.

@Gl4th
I'd suggest not suggesting anything at all to everybody if you have no knowledge of the nature of the issue.

It has happened before that a beta firmware link was removed. It's part of the beta process.

If Fractal Audio thought that any of the beta versions could possibly harm an unit, there would be a warning issued. That hasn't happened.

The fact that the fan now runs more often, will probably be fixed. At the very least it's reassuring that you know that the fan is working. :) Such things are designed to run for tens of years.

Always my problems of loss of sound when I use an expression pedal to control parameters of the AMP block with the Friedman profile, I have to restart the FM3, it seems random .... I reload the firmware 3.02

Just wondering what the safe firmware would be for gigs coming up? I had hoped it would be sorted out by now. I am running 4.01b now nd all seems to be well? I have one of the first non headphones units. I should be safe loading the new factory presets. I see that some of the heavy weights around hear are gigging 4.0X? What is the safest Cygnus load?

I should note that I usually use Copy 1 to Output 2 for FOH? Now what?
To find out what the current gig appropriate version go to: https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-downloads/

@Gl4th
I'd suggest not suggesting anything at all to everybody if you have no knowledge of nature of the issue.

It has happened before that a beta firmware link was removed. It's part of the beta process.

If Fractal Audio thought that any of the beta versions could possibly harm an unit, there would be a warning issued. That hasn't happened.

The fact that the fan now runs more often, will probably be fixed. At the very least it's reassuring that you know that the fan is working. :) Such things are designed to run for tens of years.
Glad someone said it

Ok, seems like a game of chance, update and you might encounter problems or be one of the lucky ones and have no problems….🤔. What to do, what to do….

I installed beta 3 and it works great for me. No fan issues, no weird computing hard drive sounds, and most importantly SOUNDS STELLAR.
Yes, I agree....the clean and breakup tones are big, fat and so touch sensitive and I only tried it with good headphones till today 😎 I am looking forward to run it with my Seymour Duncan PS 170 and my 2x12 dumble style cab handmade with solid birch wood....it will feel and sound great 🤩

Did you listen to the video that was posted? Is that same sound you’re describing.
Yes I listened to it and yes it sounds like what mine is doing. It also in no way resembles the sound the fan makes when it is running. If it were the blades of the fan rubbing against its enclosure I’d expect to hear it whenever the fan runs, but the fan sounds perfectly normal. It also seems unlikely that multiple people would suddenly have an issue with the fan blades rubbing immediately after a firmware upgrade. It seems reasonable to assume it’s related to this firmware build.

I’m not saying whatever this is will harm the FM3, but I would personally rather not risk it.

Yes, I agree....the clean and breakup tones are big, fat and so touch sensitive and I only tried it with good headphones till today 😎 I am looking forward to run it with my Seymour Duncan PS 170 and my 2x12 dumble style cab handmade with solid birch wood....it will feel and sound great 🤩
I tried it with my PXM-12MP FRFR monitor and my PowerStage 200/2x12 cab. I can't decide which I liked better because it sounds so damn good with both.

I stuck with beta 1 after hearing about the fan issues. I don’t have any issues myself. I have the Cygnus as is and will upgrade when it gets the official release. As far as I know the modeling itself hasn’t been changed from beta 1 to 3. I installed the new presets. A lot of them sound very good like the Plexi 50. But I have noticed many are very bassy with a a ton of low end. Which is an easy fix. No one else has mentioned that though.

I stuck with beta 1 after hearing about the fan issues. I don’t have any issues myself. I have the Cygnus as is and will upgrade when it gets the official release. As far as I know the modeling itself hasn’t been changed from beta 1 to 3. I installed the new presets. A lot of them sound very good like the Plexi 50. But I have noticed many are very bassy with a a ton of low end. Which is an easy fix. No one else has mentioned that though.
I’ve always found that a few of the factory presets can be a little boomy. Most of which just need a little “low cut” added, depending on your monitoring setup.

Back
Top Bottom