FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 3

I have updated the 4.00 beta 3 build with a fix for the fan coming on unexpectedly. Please re-download and reapply the update. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Fan ramps up after turning on until boot up is complete, where it remains spinning at idle. Is this normal behavior? I've honestly never paid attention to it.

I’ve never heard my fan running. Maybe I’m just lucky or deaf? Never heard any clicking sound or had the blank mini display.
No freeze ups either.
Seems strange that not everyone has been experiencing these issues. I suppose there are a lot of variables with all the gear people use. My setup is simply a Windows 10 laptop and the FM3 running into Kali LP6 studio monitors. 🙏

Mine was making a higher frequency noise I'd not heard before when powered on, but it went away a minute later and I never heard it after.

Interesting.

I'm curious if it'll do it again, but I had no other issues.

I got the new beta 3 (the one released later today) that supposedly addressed the fan issue. Did the FM refresh. The fan is still coming on intermittently. Temp on my unit is ~130F.

Meaning they're at least looking at the code for that block for some reason, and getting ready to port it feels like a reasonable guess. But as for if or when it's anyone's guess.
I really hope you’re right lol would be amazing to get an upgraded virtual capo

I'm getting the sputtering/chirping fan noise on beta 3, as well. The Out 2 volume drop problem from beta 2 was fixed for me, but I'm going back to beta 1 until the fan issue is resolved. (Edit: I'm back on beta 1 and the fan is back to normal).

So this is interesting: I have two FM3s: one on a larger pedal board where I have some outboard gear in the effects loop and a second that I keep as a quick fly-rig. I just updated the fly-rig one to beta 3 and no fan issues, but my other FM3 on the board did have the fan noise.

So this is interesting: I have two FM3s: one on a larger pedal board where I have some outboard gear in the effects loop and a second that I keep as a quick fly-rig. I just updated the fly-rig one to beta 3 and no fan issues, but my other FM3 on the board did have the fan noise.
I mentioned in another thread
, I bet this issue is more with a certain batch of units as apposed to a universal bug. I bought mine 4 months ago in the US no issues. Now that doesn't really say when it was made, but trying to be helpful

Bought mine summer last year.
No fan issues with any Beta.
Now installed actual version of Beta 3.
No fan issues.
Mini displays seems to work fine now.
Switching with my own layouts working.

But global EQ for Out2 still not working.
(Set to copy Out1)
Should that be as designed?
Hope not.
I remember on older firmware that worked without using Out2 block.
But besides of this no issues so far but didn't play much and checked everything.

I have two FM3s, both were bought last year and are from the first batch without a headphone jack.
  • The only time I've heard the fan on any of the 3.0X and 4.0X releases is for a few seconds when FM3 first boots up.
  • I have not had the blank mini-display issue that others are reporting.
  • BUT on this and the previous 4.00 beta, both units produce a mechanical clicking sound like a relay is repeatedly being switched on and off. On the last beta the clicking seemed to only occur when a footswitch LED lit up, but now it's constant and very fast (like several times a second).

Probably this has been asked many times before but can I roll back to a non cygnus and non beta firmware with Fractal bot if I experience any issues during the next rehearsal?

I don't use the FM 3 footswitches but two external two button footswitches to control sound shaping and gain stages within one or two amp model (JTM 45 and Tweed deluxe mostly) so all I need is a good running amp modeling with some reverb and no fancy scene changing stuff etc....

But I want to take my laptop to rehearsal, too as I don't want to annoy my bandmates with any technical issues and could roll back to official 3.xx firmware if it would be neccassary 😉

I never rolled back firmware on Fractal Audio units at all so I wonder if that is possible within a few minutes.

Probably this has been asked many times before but can I roll back to a non cygnus and non beta firmware with Fractal bot if I experience any issues during the next rehearsal?
Yes, you can roll back, but if you do, and you have presets created under the beta, then the older firmware won't recognize it. You can load old presets but not ones from the future.

You have to have made a backup at that previous version of the firmware. Restore those presets, then roll back the firmware and you should be fine.

Beta3 v2 works great for me here, no issues encountered so far. No fan, but I didn't have the fan issue on the earlier betas either.

And heck, I have a show tomorrow. Not worried.
Same here. Sounds great, couldn't test it at full volume close to midnight but at low volume I got the feel this beta resolves a small sensivity sound issue I had with fret buzz but might be "just in the brain".

Same FAN problem Here. Never had with previous beta.
With beta 3 it starts from the turn on and it stays on.
Reverted to beta 2 it works without the fan problem.

👍
Will try it tomorrow.
Hope Out2 EQ is now working.
Need it for my setup.
Not for me ....

Still the same problem with the following configuration, which worked perfectly in 3.02: I / O -> OUTOUT CONFIGURATION 2 Output2Copy = OUTPUT1
SETUP Menu -> EQ TYPE -> Output2 = Parametric or graphic does not work
A possible workaround to this problem is to add an OUT2 Block but this consumes resources unnecessarily .... especially on the FM3

Back
Top Bottom