FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 3

Very nice! I had some issues with my FC-6 freezing during my last show (4.00 b1) - glad to see this was addressed!

The lyrics to Rawhide came to mind with this announcement …

Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide
Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide
Through rain and wind and weather
Hell bent for leather
Wishin' my gal was by my side
All the things I'm missin'
Good vittles, love and kissin'
Are waiting at the end of my ride
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide
Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide
My heart's calculatin'
My true love…

“Doggies” being the new versions of course.

@BryantP I have a constant clicking or chirping sound coming from inside the FM3 after installing beta 3. On beta 2 I had a similar clicking that appeared to correlate with the foot switch LEDs lighting up, but this is constant and rapid. I can probably get a video of it later if that would help. I'm kind of afraid to leave it on for long with it doing that though.
I'm also getting the chirp / click from the fan. For me, it does not occur in Beta 1 or 2 (retested by downgrading just to be sure). I'm not seeing any LED or footswitch behavior oddities along with it. Everything else seems healthy and fine. I reset the system parameters and rebooted just to be sure and that didn't remove it. Thanks for all the hard work and awesome features in this beta so far!

Btw, I'm just wondering if there's a correlation of some kind for the FAN issues. Because after updating to beta3, the FAN is constantly ON! My unit is a EU one, running with 240V/50Hz power, late 2020 model.

I've got the faint clicking too, when tap tempo is one of the footswitches. When I roll back to 3.0x it goes away. Roll forward and it's back. I am not experiencing unusual fan behavior

Clicking:

Clicking gone when reverting back to 4.00 b2. Maybe the new Cygnus Graphics overloading the processor??! ;) ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom