FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

Is it just me or does the Cygnus Beta for FM3 have the same kind of "fuzziness" in the Friedman HBE models as was the case in the Cygnus Betas for the Axe Fx III? I'm not gelling with the updated tones from the Friedman HBE C45 (my main amp in Ares) despite spending hours trying to get it to sound tight and articulate in the low end. I went through the forum posts on the Cygnus betas for the Axe Fx III and there was a lot of discussion about the HBE modelling being a bit "off" and the low end sounding very fuzzy and unclear. I don't know whether this was resolved in the full Cygnus release or not but the FM3 Cygnus beta seems to be doing something similar to the HBE models.

FWIW, I ended up with entirely different IR's on all my Friedman's post-Cygnus.

After updating, OUT 2 is much quieter. I'm using it as a FX SEND for an external reverb. In order to have the same reverb mix as before, I had to boost 12 Db OUT2 (Setup Page) and lower some Db's on the OUT 2 level (Block).
I am doing the same as you. I had it at 6b this weekend and level was very low. I don't believe I had any boost at all on OUT2 before (v3.02). Guess I will try 12Db and adjust the level at the block like you. Physical OUT2 knob is at Max for unity gain as well. @BryantP

Running into an issue with Beta 2. When I try to use cab lab in conjunction with FM3 Edit I cant get audio through to audition cab mixes. Then in FM3 edit all I see are shunts.

After switching to beta 2, the fan began to turn on, the temperature was 55 degrees, the processor load was 56 percent. On beta 1, this was not the case, as well as on 3.02. Does anyone have similar problems?

I usually use a mildly mid-heavy IR and so boomy, fuzzy low-end is quite a rarity. But anyway, I just replicated the low-cut on the HBE C45 from 3.02 and now it sounds much much better. Strange how drastically different the low-cut is between both firmwares; it was 235Hz on 3.02 and is only 57Hz on Cygnus!

Is this the place to post bugs? I can't calibrate my M-Audio EXP expression pedal in both b1 and b2. It worked fine in FW 3.02. I cannot go below 50% during calibration. My Line 6 pedal works fine in beta.

Is this the place to post bugs? I can't calibrate my M-Audio EXP expression pedal in both b1 and b2. It worked fine in FW 3.02. I cannot go below 50% during calibration. My Line 6 pedal works fine in beta.
see if the switch on the back of the pedal is in the far left position?
If this is not the case, then it is not surprising, the resistance of the potentiometer will be less than 10 koms and you will get 50% of the stroke. I myself use such an expression pedal and this toggle switch very often switches during transportation.

🙄uh oh... The Friedman Small Box and a little HBE on solos are my go-to amps. The Small Box is SO good to me (I think it’s mostly LT’s or Burgs’) that I’m planning on selling my real Dirty Shirley to get a real Small Box. I’m pretty excited about Cygnus, but the Friedmans are my favorite Ares amps by a mile. Anyone else out there like me that has made them the same or even better post-Cygnus?? BTW, what IRs did you end up with? I’ve been using the Factory 4x12Brit70sGB313A which I love and use all over the place.

🙄uh oh... The Friedman Small Box and a little HBE on solos are my go-to amps. The Small Box is SO good to me (I think it’s mostly LT’s or Burgs’) that I’m planning on selling my real Dirty Shirley to get a real Small Box. I’m pretty excited about Cygnus, but the Friedmans are my favorite Ares amps by a mile. Anyone else out there like me that has made them the same or even better post-Cygnus?? BTW, what IRs did you end up with? I’ve been using the Factory 4x12Brit70sGB313A which I love and use all over the place.

No worries, I dig the tones more now than I did before!

I've got a mix of Own Hammer and ML Friedman cabs on them for now, but I haven't tried the York Audio DV77 cab on any of them yet and that cab pack is quickly making it's way across all my presets.

I also never used the Small Box......ever(?) before, I always just went with the BE's and HBE's, so I couldn't tell ya how the Small Box turned out. I wouldn't worry though!

Sad to hear that :(
As I said, I had a lot of problems with blank mini LCDs and also with frozen footswitches, and since I do Reset System Parameters, everything goes fine.
I don't have problems with fan, so I feel this beta2 like a stable version.
Hope FAS team fix these bugs soon.
Hey jordikt
I’m having issues with the Scribble strips on the beta. I really wanna be able to use Cygnus. What exactly did you do to fix the issue?

I'm having a problem with 4.00 beta 1 acting sluggish when changing scenes. Has this been reported?

It doesn't do it all the time (of course). Mostly I would see it when on the Swells scene trying to change back to the Clean scene. Sometimes it takes a dozen presses of the footswitch to make it change.

Attachments

• FM3-210601-202502-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
  • FM3-DeluxeTweed.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom