FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Very weird, when I first loaded 4.0 I was clipping the outputs like crazy. I was adjusting the input pad and attenuating the output level substantially to keep from clipping. It seemed like I had less headroom for some reason.

I rolled back and forth from 3.03 to 4.0 to compare.... now the problem seems to be normal again back in 4.0. The input dynamic range is still pegged at -9.1 db though.

Sean Meredith-Jones
The FM3 Amp Block has no Input Dynamic and also no Tremolo (see under Power Supply)! This things would forgotten to blend out by porting them from the AXE FXIII i think!

The FM3 Amp Block has no Input Dynamic and also no Tremolo (see under Power Supply)! This things would forgotten to blend out by porting them from the AXE FXIII i think!
I deleted that quote that I made earlier as I wanted to double check. There is simply less headroom on the outputs in 4.0 than 3.03. I can crank the output 2 control on the back, add 3 db to the level in the dynamics on the amp and not clip in 3.03. In 4.0 I do have to roll everything back quite a bit.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Is to much work to dial again all the amps that I use. I still with the 3.03 beta at the moment. In a future maybe I'll try cygnus

About to backup Ares and install Cygnus. Do all factory presets reset automatically? Do I need to manually reset each channel of each amp block in my user presets? Is there a “reset all”? Ugh. I should know this...

Few things here - the Band Commander in particular just hits the spot for me clean and the Boogies are GLORIOUS.

Leon, I truly love your channel. Outstanding is all i can say.
I was going to wait for official Cygnus release, but this has pushed me to hook in.
Thanx brother !!! 👍

The FM3 has now reached what I first perceived it’s potential to be when I was lucky to be one of the first civilians to try one out when they were first announced and previewed a lifetime ago at the last AxeFest…..I now get the same feeling thru monitors and CLR that I did when hearing The FM3 prototype thru the best floor monitors in the world (Meyer) in Boston…(EDIT..guess it did not hurt that beside my mediocre sunrise hacking, some of the other folk giving it a go included Leon, Mark Day, @Admin M@ , Andy Wood.. and Dweezil.
Well done, all AT
FAS!
So, when I port Cygnus over (+ hi rez cabs at the same time) my CLR and ASM12 monitoring and ASC12 backline will sound even better than it already does?? Seriously hard to believe... Can’t wait for the Release version then🤘

So I downloaded the firmware and I reset all amps using frac tool on all presets. If I create a new preset will the amps need to be reset right away or are they already up to par?

@

I appreciate it. I’m new to this so I’m slightly confused. As far as getting ultra res on all my cabs how do I go about that?
For now, you'll need to do it from within the cab block on the unit itself. The new FM3 Edit doesn't have the option for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom