FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

If it is the same as the Axe3 its a complete overhaul to the drive block new models but it also sounds an reacts quite differently

They definite sound and react differently - for the better, IMHO. This is an AWESOME update from Fractal! This really opens a very wide door to create presets and your sound. I've been looking forward to this one - and it hasn't disappointed!!!! THANK YOU FRACTAL TEAM!!!
Do you have to reset your drive blocks on old presets or would they automatically be updated to the “new” versions?

If it's an UltraRes IR, it's heard in UltraRes. The bug is just cosmetic.
So are the factory 1/2 cabs UR? I understand the color coding is wrong but it makes it hard to understand which cabs are truly UR and which aren’t since you can still select UR in the drop down even if it’s not UR?

Ok but in the input boost in fact the pedals available are the same isn it?
No those are just boosts
there are some there like grinder
CC Fas boost that are not full models the input boost is just like a pedal w level maxed gain off
they have different flavors of eq
mostly mid boost but they are not used as a typical overdrive pedal

Do you have to reset your drive blocks on old presets or would they automatically be updated to the “new” versions?

So are the factory 1/2 cabs UR? I understand the color coding is wrong but it makes it hard to understand which cabs are truly UR and which aren’t since you can still select UR in the drop down even if it’s not UR?
the new pedals were not in there before so you should not have to reset they should load w the default
the old pedals sure you might want to reset if they dont sound right but I dont think you have to

So I want to get my scribble strips working/not all being stuck saying Bassguy 59 - do I just reinstall the beta or should I flash it back to 3.02 and then reinstall the beta and see if it works better?

I have a question about the precision drive? On the real model, setting the level to 6 is equal to an 808 set at 10? This doesn’t seem to be the case for the models, as the 808 seems to have more push in the level control?

I have a question about the precision drive? On the real model, setting the level to 6 is equal to an 808 set at 10? This doesn’t seem to be the case for the models, as the 808 seems to have more push in the level control?
The knobs are not identical to the real deal. The attack knob on 3.03 Beta 1 is inverted on the FM3. this explains why you'd feel there's less gain, so increase that and give the bright knob some juice and you'll feel more at home

Going back to 3.02 and waiting for proper GA. Lesson learned. These betas are just feel more uncooked than the AF equivalent.

The knobs are not identical to the real deal. The attack knob on 3.03 Beta 1 is inverted on the FM3. this explains why you'd feel there's less gain, so increase that and give the bright knob some juice and you'll feel more at home
Thanks, what do you mean by the bright knob is inverted?

Some drives will benefit from a reset. Timothy for example, has authentic controls now (turning Treble clockwise is a high cut, turning Bass clockwise is a low cut), so if you used it before, your settings will be wrong. No idea about the advanced page and whether values have changed there, so a reset is a good idea just in case.

Both my levels on the front panel are not working since the beta install. Anyone with the same issue?

Edit: went back to 3.02. I use mine with a poweramp and this glitch is making it unusable at home as the volume can't be tamed.

Last edited:
I have seen a field called "Device Name" in FM3-Edit>Setup>Config, at the right side:

device name.png

Is it new of this version? What is the purpose of this name?

Attack knob is inverted.

On the physical pedal, it tightens up the more you turn it clockwise - on the FM3 it operates in reverse. Higher values = less attack/more gain.

Thanks, this is helpful. Leon Todd said something to this effect in his last video, something like "turn it left for more djenty sounds" and I was scratching my head a bit. But it all makes sense now.

Back
Top Bottom