FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Just updated FM3-Edit and FW 3.03 beta. After updating, the LCD for the leftmost footswitch has very low contrast and is almost impossible to read. Changing the LCD contrast in settings does not do anything. I tried changing views, changing scenes, and restarting the FM3, but none of those solved the issue.

what function was assigned to that switch?

I've noticed that the Low Cut in the Drive block doesn't seem to do anything (Box O'Crunch and Suhr Riot GE for sure). Anyone else noticed that?
I can confirm, Low Cut in the Drive block isn't doing anything on any of the models I've tried. Not just in FM3-Edit, this is while editing on the unit itself.

Also - and I should have expected this - the Drive block is significantly different sounding now, so I need to pull my pedals out to re-match settings (or I might just try to dial in by ear). If you rely heavily on the Drive block, your presets might sound different.

what function was assigned to that switch?

Hi Yek, well that's a question. The switch selects the preset, with hold for bank down. Once the preset is selected a layout link takes it to scene 1 select. Hold take it to utilities view. So lots of stuff is assigned to that switch but the LCD remains 'dark' no matter what.

Reactions: yek
I can confirm, Low Cut in the Drive block isn't doing anything on any of the models I've tried. Not just in FM3-Edit, this is while editing on the unit itself.

Also - and I should have expected this - the Drive block is significantly different sounding now, so I need to pull my pedals out to re-match settings (or I might just try to dial in by ear). If you rely heavily on the Drive block, your presets might sound different.

I was only using the FM3 itself - so turning the knob on the unit. But the Drive Low Cut does nothing.

Aside from that - the Drives sound so much better to my ears! Thank you!

I was only using the FM3 itself - so turning the knob on the unit. But the Drive Low Cut does nothing.

Aside from that - the Drives sound so much better to my ears! Thank you!
Yup, I'm noticing that too. But... they do sound way more gooder, so this is a great update!

Loving the Hoodoo Drive into a clean amp (currently playing around with it into a Maz 38).

I have updated firmware and FM3 edit.
I get the same bug on the display of the first footswitch (the left one).
The display shows a black square (all the available pixels for showing characters are active, that's the reason of the square).
The footswitch works correctly, the only problem is that it not shows any text in the display.
I use this footswitch for (depending of the layout):
Tap: Tap Tempo / Hold: Change view
Tap: CS Midi / Hold: --

I am using FM3+FC6. I have restarted the FM3 twice, and I also restarted it disconnecting the FC6, but the bug is still there.

FYI, I attach the System Backup.

Attachments

• FM3-210409-234453-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 6
Did this update just add more drive models, or did it change the existing ones?
Release Notes:

• Added: Cab Block UltraRes support.
  • Added new Drive block modeling and types. This block is now in sync with Axe-Fx III
Sounds like the modeling is updated as well.

I have updated firmware and FM3 edit.
I get the same bug on the display of the first footswitch (the left one).
The display shows a black square (all the available pixels for showing characters are active, that's the reason of the square).
The footswitch works correctly, the only problem is that it not shows any text in the display.
I use this footswitch for (depending of the layout):
Tap: Tap Tempo / Hold: Change view
Tap: CS Midi / Hold: --

I am using FM3+FC6. I have restarted the FM3 twice, and I also restarted it disconnecting the FC6, but the bug is still there.

FYI, I attach the System Backup.
i think they figured it out and will fix for release.

I am testing the ultra-res/standard IR options.
I don't understand how it works, or maybe there is a bug with colors.

Here is my channel A:
Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-09 a les 23.52.42.png

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-09 a les 23.52.56.png

It doesn't matter that I select Ultra-res or Standard, and after I save the preset. The green/violet colors don't change.

Same with Channel B, but now there are always in violet:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-09 a les 23.53.14.png

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-09 a les 23.53.24.png

Back
Top Bottom