FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

I have reserved creating any new presets until Cygnus lol
I wouldn’t, and didn’t. The majority of the preset will be untouched, you might need to adjust the amp block some. Many of mine sounded good as they were and I fiddled with the cab and switched to different factory IRs and found something that really made it come to life.

I have reserved creating any new presets until Cygnus lol

Me too...I've only been tweaking effects generally since Cygnus was announced since I'm going to reset the AMP block and all channels for each of my presets when it does become available and I'm very satisfied with how my existing ones sound and feel. I can't wait to go to the next level to hear/feel what's been described as 'angry, rude, dynamic, and unrefined' as far the amp modelling goes.....lets rawk!

I wouldn’t, and didn’t. The majority of the preset will be untouched, you might need to adjust the amp block some. Many of mine sounded good as they were and I fiddled with the cab and switched to different factory IRs and found something that really made it come to life.
Oh for sure. To be fair. For some folks I just heard they liked their presets better because the gain structure for a ton more betterererer haha. I’m excited regardless

As a rule I always completely reset the AMP block whenever there is a major version release and since I tweak several advanced parameters I like to start from a clean slate to ensure everything gets defaulted corrected. I've also spent 30 years in IT and it's ingrained into me to clear out the 'cruft' that may be lying around and start fresh when upgrading...o_O

It's interesting you mention that you also find that you like different IR's upon the installation of Cygnus (as have several other users); I also take that as a sign that the 'game is afoot'...!

I'm also reading that after upgrading to Cygnus a lot of users are finding they like amps that they've never bonded with before so I plan to go over every one of them and possibly come up with new favorites and/or replace my existing choices. Since all reports says Cygnus is far more authentic and quite raw sounding I'm sure re-creating my presets will be even quicker and easier as I don't anticipate having to fiddle with the advanced controls as much to 'un-refine' an amp/tone.

I've been trying to keep calm and temper my excitement regarding Cygnus since it was announced knowing it would be a few months before it hit the FM3 but knowing that it is now in private beta is making me a bit nuts heh....bring it on...I can't wait....

As a rule I always completely reset the AMP block whenever there is a major version release and since I tweak several advanced parameters I like to start from a clean slate to ensure everything gets defaulted corrected. I've also spent 30 years in IT and it's ingrained into me to clear out the 'cruft' that may be lying around and start fresh when upgrading...o_O

It's interesting you mention that you also find that you like different IR's upon the installation of Cygnus (as have several other users); I also take that as a sign that the 'game is afoot'...!
Adjusted advanced parameters probably will need the full reset. There’s a wish for the Editor to gain the ability to show us the changed settings when they differ from the defaults. Without that we’re forced to take the nuclear option.

I’m ex-IT too, so I did a full reset of my FX3, wiped my presets and cabs and reloaded everything to start with a clean slate.

I never really liked the Dumble-like models, they were too dark. I now have a couple presets that I like. In general I think there are more amps I like.

Nice....I'm looking forward to upgrading and going through every amp in the box. There are many amps that I've never gotten along with (particularly the Mesa-Boogie amps and several boutique models) and am super curious to see what may happen moving ahead.

Back
Top Bottom