FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

Two words for you. Volume control (;or volume pedal).
lol!

I use a volume pedal, but I have the tuner set for heel-down. So I froze up in the middle of a set (after a 30 minute break) because the volume was muted via volume pedal, but tuner was on because of the same reason... Foiled again!

lol!

I use a volume pedal, but I have the tuner set for heel-down. So I froze up in the middle of a set (after a 30 minute break) because the volume was muted via volume pedal, but tuner was on because of the same reason... Foiled again!
Wouldn’t it have frozen at the beginning if the set though?

For what it's worth... I have a preset that has the output block set to zero volume, which I use as the "set break" preset. That way if some idiot (me) unplugs my guitar or does something similarly disruptive, it won't make any noise. Yep, it's a waste of a preset slot, but I do this in the AxeFX III as well as the FM3. That preset it part of the set list, but I can get there from the front panel too. I don't use a volume pedal onstage (I can explain the approach and rationale if anyone cares).

Wouldn’t it have frozen at the beginning if the set though?
I think it freezes after the tuner has been on for a period of time, and not immediately--at least that's been my experience so far. So I start the set, play some songs, take a break leaving the heel down to mute, and come back to a frozen FM3. After it happened twice, I just started turning the volume down via the knobs and leaving the expression pedal toe-down until the fix comes out.

I'm almost patient and prefer a stable firmware (even if its Beta) but due to the fact that I will have a week of holiday next week, it would be great to have a Cygnus Beta today :)

I think Matt said earlier in the thtead Yes to a Beta release this week
but you will know by 4 pm
they usually don”t release after that point

Back
Top Bottom