FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 Beta 1

FM3 firmware version 3.02 beta 1 can be found here:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/3p0/fm3_dsp_rel_3p02_beta_1.zip

NOTE: This release contains exciting new features as well as fixes, but does NOT include CYGNUS amp modeling, which will follow in a future FM3 update.

There is a new FM3-Edit for this version: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-03-00-supports-fw-3-02-public-beta.170221/

Release Notes:
  • Added Per-Preset and Global Performance Pages. (A PDF overview will be included with public release of this FW)
  • Added “Downtune” and “Display Mode” parameters to the Tuner, and added the option “All” to Tuner Input Source so it can track both input 1 and/or input 2.
  • Added Setup: Global: Config “Output 1 EQ Type” and “Output 2 EQ Type” options for graphic or parametric.
  • Added “Footswitch Tuner Mode” (Setup: FC Controllers: Config) which uses the onboard LED rings to help you tune visually.
  • Added “Detector Type” (RMS or Peak) to the downward expander effect (Gate Block).
  • Added Diffusion amount and Time parameters to Crystal Echoes effect (Pitch type).
  • FC Added: “2nd Press = Previous Scene” option the Scene/Select function. When set to “ON” this allows you to press the footswitch for the current scene again to return to the previous scene.
  • External Controller “Initial Values” can now be set to any value from 0 to 100%.
  • Improved Bias Excursion algorithms. Bias Excursion values now default to 100%. Existing presets are automatically updated.
  • Improved the rate of communication with a connected FC controller (especially FC-12).
  • Improved how the FM3 remains connected to FM3-Edit after certain USB “sleep” activity.
  • The UI is now more responsive when a high CPU preset is loaded.
  • FC: Preset/Select in Bank switches will now flash after a bank change while they wait for you to make a selection. This will not happen if your Bank switch is set to automatically load the FIRST or CURRENT preset in the new bank.
  • Fixed: Overlapping text when “Prompt on Edited Preset Change” is enabled.
  • Fixed: Global Input and Output volumes now initialize correctly when an expression pedal is used. (These parameters are located on the “Setup: MIDI/Remote: Other” page.)
  • Fixed: UI now updates when you disable Tuner “Use Offsets” in FM3-Edit while tuning.
  • Fixed: “COPY SCENE” and “SWAP SCENE” now correctly copy or swap scene data in the Scene MIDI block and Control Switch “Per Scene” settings.
  • Fixed zippering that occurred in some circumstances when using an external MIDI modifier.
  • Fixed: Setting “Output 2 Copy” to anything other than “NONE” no longer overwrites the regular OUT2 signal.
  • Fixed: Auto-engage now works consistently with modifiers on the amp and delay blocks.
  • FC Fixed: the main LCD on a remote FC should now update correctly in all circumstances.
  • Fixed: Activating the tuner with “hold” on a TEMPO switch will no longer affect the tempo.
  • FC: You can now install the “OMG9” FC settings directly from the SETUP: FC Controllers: Reset page of the FM3, with no download required. The OMG9 Owner’s Manual can be found at: http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM3/FM3-OMG9-Manual.pdf
  • Fixed: the MIDI block UI now consistently displays the current scene.
  • Fixed: Multiband Compressor – various fixes: the block should now work as expected.
This is a dream to come true!

Thanks, been waiting for the performance pages!

Now I just need somewhere to perform I suppose :) , but looks like a really great update! I have to go work now but looking forward to updating and having a play with a couple of beers later.

Improved Bias Excursion algorithms. Bias Excursion values now default to 100%. Existing presets are automatically updated.
I still see the bias excursion after update of FM3 edit and HW at 3% (preamp) and 42% (power amp). What is meant by default at 100% then? Just virtually changing or should it really be at 100% in the unit?

Release Notes:
  • Added Setup: Global: Config “Output 1 EQ Type” and “Output 2 EQ Type” options for graphic or parametric.
Hi Brant !

Great update. Sorry - not at my FM3 at the moment.

Re: the ^above^ => is this effectively a "preset" for each graphic or parametric which can be enabled or disabled with the press of a single button (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Brant !

Great update. Sorry - not at my FM3 at the moment.

Re: the ^above^ => is this effectively a "preset" for each graphic or parametric which can be enabled or disabled with the press of a single button (?)

Thanks,
Ben

You can choose between GEQ or PEQ or Off. No presets per type.

The Performance addition is killer! I can see this being a game changer when I show up for a gig! Thanks to all!

It is so much better and faster dialing a Preset from the knobs!

Now I don't miss AX8 knobs anymore, as Performance Pages is even better. :)

And I think it's the first (and maybe last) time FM3 gets an algorithm update before AX3.

It´s really feeling even better to play.

Thank you FAS.

Question on Bias Excursion - my existing presets aren't updated to 100%, typically (for Plexi amps for example) I'm seeing 52%, should I set this to 100?

New tuner visual, global performance page and return to last scene... things I didn’t knew I needed but I did.

Thanks a lot FAS team for keep improving an already amazing product.

also has anyone else had there stand in switch configuration changed when loading this beta? It changed trhe upper limit of my external switch to scroll through banks of presets. Had me confused there for a while, but think the issue is now resolved.

Last edited:
also has anyone else had there stand in switch configuration changed when loading this beta? It changed trhe upper limit of my external switch to scroll through banks of presets. Had me confused there for a while, but think the issue is now resolved.
My Mosky works exact like before. Toggle between Scenes and Effects, hold for Tuner. The other switch up and down the presets.

My Mosky works exact like before. Toggle between Scenes and Effects, hold for Tuner. The other switch up and down the presets.
mine is now working as before, its just the upper limit of the banks had reset to default and needed to be adjusted (again)

Back
Top Bottom