FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

What was the behavior of the crash with presets that contain "illegal" modifiers? I was auditioning some of Austin Buddy's presets this morning and everything works fine until I auditioned one present that crashed audio. I checked my levels across all the blocks and input was getting to all the blocks until it hits the Amp block, this is where audio fails. However, the unit doesn't freeze or lock up. Attached is the present if anyone is interested. Is this similar to what you were seeing?
I don't think posting a purchased preset is a good idea, even if it is problematic.

What was the behavior of the crash with presets that contain "illegal" modifiers? I was auditioning some of Austin Buddy's presets this morning and everything works fine until I auditioned one present that crashed audio. I checked my levels across all the blocks and input was getting to all the blocks until it hits the Amp block, this is where audio fails. However, the unit doesn't freeze or lock up. Attached is the present if anyone is interested. Is this similar to what you were seeing?
Have you tried removing the modifiers in the Amp block in the preset?

I would really like to have the capability of copying one scene from a preset and pasting to a scene on a different preset
I agree, but this isn't the right thread to suggest it. I also see that there would have to be a lot of pre-flight checks, such as making sure that all the right blocks are available in the destination preset; The more I thought about it, the stickier the problem became so I didn't suggest it.

These help explain:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/scenes.166582/
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-to-another-preset-whats-the-best-way.166985/

Last edited:
I haven't experienced any complete audio drop outs when playing audio from my Macbook through the FM3, but today I just started noticing some weird volume fluctuations where it starts to fade low and then come back while the guitar audio remains the same as I play. I have to keep adjusting the volumes from USB 1/2 and then output 1 and also the OUT 1 block to get things balanced again.. It's very odd. I've had 2.00b for almost a week now and today is the first time I'm experiencing this. Same presets used, doesn't matter if FM3 edit is open or not.

I'm new with the FM3 but I was using the AX8 for almost 4 years, I sold my AX8 and bought the FM3, I received it and updated to the beta 2.0 version so I didn't test the previous version, I found a bug in this beta version, I changed Switch 1, 2 and 3 to toggle, the idea was that in the scene layout I can select the scene 1 and 2 in the Switch 1, Scene 3 and 4 in the Switch 2 and in the Switch 3 the Scene 5 and 6, so the problems that I have is first of all I lose the color in each switch, some time it appease and disappear if I press the switch some time is highlighted sometimes no, also the mini screens started to show Randoms names, sometimes match the scene name sometimes showed the 3 mini screen the same name, so the problems is related to the mini screen and the color of the switch when you change the switch in the masterlayout to toggle.

I'm new with the FM3 but I was using the AX8 for almost 4 years, I sold my AX8 and bought the FM3, I received it and updated to the beta 2.0 version so I didn't test the previous version, I found a bug in this beta version, I changed Switch 1, 2 and 3 to toggle, the idea was that in the scene layout I can select the scene 1 and 2 in the Switch 1, Scene 3 and 4 in the Switch 2 and in the Switch 3 the Scene 5 and 6, so the problems that I have is first of all I lose the color in each switch, some time it appease and disappear if I press the switch some time is highlighted sometimes no, also the mini screens started to show Randoms names, sometimes match the scene name sometimes showed the 3 mini screen the same name, so the problems is related to the mini screen and the color of the switch when you change the switch in the masterlayout to toggle.
this is probably not a bug.

when you use Toggle, for the 2nd item chosen the LED turns off.

for the Names shown, check if you've set any switch to "Current." if so, that switch will display the name of the currently selected scene.

this is probably not a bug.

when you use Toggle, for the 2nd item chosen the LED turns off.

for the Names shown, check if you've set any switch to "Current." if so, that switch will display the name of the currently selected scene.
but the problems is all mini screen show the same name and only the select one is in color the rest are off.

It would be great if FAS created thier own conversion tool for presets!
The work of Al Grenadine is enormous, Fractool is a blessing; if any problems have not been corrected it is because he surely has higher order priorities to handle. As Fractool seems to be THE tool for conversions, at least it is for fx2 and ax8, fx3 and fm3...then why develop a tool that already exists?

but the problems is all mini screen show the same name and only the select one is in color the rest are off.

the LEDs are off due to the Toggle function.

The work of Al Grenadine is enormous, Fractool is a blessing; if any problems have not been corrected it is because he surely has higher order priorities to handle. As Fractool seems to be THE tool for conversions, at least it is for fx2 and ax8, fx3 and fm3...then why develop a tool that already exists?

+1 FAS is not going to reinvent the wheel when you have FM3\Axe III compatibility already. The same way FAS didn't build its own MFC editor

Hopefully that means they are doing more than fix the reported problems and are adding more goodness for the official release!

i would not be surprised if we sit in beta for a while each one adding new stuff then giving time to test that
i think for the rest of this month they will be trying to get the FM3 as close as they can so then they can keep
up faster

Back
Top Bottom