FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

I noticed that after installing this firmware all of my user IR's, which were all non-Ultrares IR's, showed up in Italics in the "Manage Cabs" FM3-Edit screen which I understand indicate UltraRes processed IR's (which are supported but truncated in the FM3 AFAIK).

The IR's sounded unchanged but I didn't test at a level, nor spend any time, to see if the IR's were actually changed/processed.

I just observed the label names changed to Italics in FM3-Edit and immediately reloaded them with no processing...they now show as regular/un-processed IR's like before.

I just thought I'd share the observation; might be the intended behavior, etc. but was unexpected at my end.

I know some have faced a similar issue on the Axe Fx III where Axe-Edit seems to be confused about the IRs. There's a tool somewhere in the editor to rescan/refresh the cabs and that corrects the display. Maybe try to do that?

The "Refresh After New Firmware" ran on FM3-Edit immediately after the firmware upgrade.

I fired up the FM3 the other day and all of my uploaded non-UltraRes user cabs labels were showing in Italics again in "Manage Cabs".

Ran "Refresh After New Firmware" again manually and nothing changed.

Re-uploaded the IR's and the labels read as regular, un-processes UltraRes IR cabs and stayed that way throughout the session.

Fired up the FM3 yesterday and the labels were showing in Italics again in "Manage Cabs".

I suspect this is simply a cosmetic bug...????

The "Refresh After New Firmware" ran on FM3-Edit immediately after the firmware upgrade.

I fired up the FM3 the other day and all of my uploaded non-UltraRes user cabs labels were showing in Italics again in "Manage Cabs".

Ran "Refresh After New Firmware" again manually and nothing changed.

Re-uploaded the IR's and the labels read as regular, un-processes UltraRes IR cabs and stayed that way throughout the session.

Fired up the FM3 yesterday and the labels were showing in Italics again in "Manage Cabs".

I suspect this is simply a cosmetic bug...????
There's a refresh in Manage Cabs, I believe. I was not referring to Refresh After Firmware...

It's definitely a display bug and exists in Axe-Edit, too.

Ahhh!! Good question! You guys are much smarter than me 😉. They were indeed initially ported from my AX8 some time ago and converted with Frac Tool. They were sitting without any issues im my FM3. With 1.06 version, no issues...when upgraded to Beta...crash.
Don't do that, for the time being that conversion does not work correctly. To make disappear the artifacts related to using Fractool converted presets (axe fx II to fm3) I had to erase all presets and reload FW and system files to get the fm3 working again. Fractool is a giant solution and software but the converted presets corrupt the fm3 functions.

Don't do that, for the time being that conversion does not work correctly. To make disappear the artifacts related to using Fractool converted presets (axe fx II to fm3) I had to erase all presets and reload FW and system files to get the fm3 working again. Fractool is a giant solution and software but the converted presets corrupt the fm3 functions.
It would be great if FAS created thier own conversion tool for presets!

Reactions: Lem
I have a problem using Ampero Two switch, I used the Ampero foot switch as a Stand in Switch, the hold function in both switch doesn't work properly, I can associated only one function per switch, I don't know if is a bug of the 2.0

I don’t know how he does it man....upside down and all...... Def need a bobblehead...... :D

Last edited:
I have a problem using Ampero Two switch, I used the Ampero foot switch as a Stand in Switch, the hold function in both switch doesn't work properly, I can associated only one function per switch, I don't know if is a bug of the 2.0

Its probably a set up issue with that particular switch: on the FM3 go into Setup, then I/O and then go to the Pedal tab. Try changing the switch ring polarity and the switch tip polarity, see if that gets it working.

Was it working with a previous FW? You didn’t say.

The hold functions on my 2-button stand-in switch are working fine with 2.0 Beta 1.

Back
Top Bottom