FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

Ahhh!! Good question! You guys are much smarter than me 😉. They were indeed initially ported from my AX8 some time ago and converted with Frac Tool. They were sitting without any issues im my FM3. With 1.06 version, no issues...when upgraded to Beta...crash.
Don't do that, for the time being that conversion does not work correctly. To make disappear the artifacts related to using Fractool converted presets (axe fx II to fm3) I had to erase all presets and reload FW and system files to get the fm3 working again. Fractool is a giant solution and software but the converted presets corrupt the fm3 functions.

Don't do that, for the time being that conversion does not work correctly. To make disappear the artifacts related to using Fractool converted presets (axe fx II to fm3) I had to erase all presets and reload FW and system files to get the fm3 working again. Fractool is a giant solution and software but the converted presets corrupt the fm3 functions.
It would be great if FAS created thier own conversion tool for presets!

Reactions: Lem
I have a problem using Ampero Two switch, I used the Ampero foot switch as a Stand in Switch, the hold function in both switch doesn't work properly, I can associated only one function per switch, I don't know if is a bug of the 2.0

I don’t know how he does it man....upside down and all...... Def need a bobblehead...... :D

Last edited:
I have a problem using Ampero Two switch, I used the Ampero foot switch as a Stand in Switch, the hold function in both switch doesn't work properly, I can associated only one function per switch, I don't know if is a bug of the 2.0

Its probably a set up issue with that particular switch: on the FM3 go into Setup, then I/O and then go to the Pedal tab. Try changing the switch ring polarity and the switch tip polarity, see if that gets it working.

Was it working with a previous FW? You didn’t say.

The hold functions on my 2-button stand-in switch are working fine with 2.0 Beta 1.

Today I helped to discover that at least one of these presets contains an "illegal" modifier in the delay block, which explains why it was crashing. This vindicates the beta firmware in my opinion, though it may need to be equipped with guard rails to prevent something like this from happening.

May I ask if you converted or edited these using FracTool or any other 3rd party software? @cnaufel -- answer here or send me a PM.

What was the behavior of the crash with presets that contain "illegal" modifiers? I was auditioning some of Austin Buddy's presets this morning and everything works fine until I auditioned one present that crashed audio. I checked my levels across all the blocks and input was getting to all the blocks until it hits the Amp block, this is where audio fails. However, the unit doesn't freeze or lock up. Attached is the present if anyone is interested. Is this similar to what you were seeing?

What was the behavior of the crash with presets that contain "illegal" modifiers? I was auditioning some of Austin Buddy's presets this morning and everything works fine until I auditioned one present that crashed audio. I checked my levels across all the blocks and input was getting to all the blocks until it hits the Amp block, this is where audio fails. However, the unit doesn't freeze or lock up. Attached is the present if anyone is interested. Is this similar to what you were seeing?
This is what the front of the FM3 looks like after playing the preset for a few seconds. The only way to fix this is to reboot the FM3.

Attachments

• A36A8D4E-58CC-4576-A52D-1FD0B552CCC1.jpeg
    A36A8D4E-58CC-4576-A52D-1FD0B552CCC1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 95
The unit freeze (lock-up) and no-sound. And the reason in the beginning that I was unable to normally boot the FM3 unit after upgrading to the Beta version was because the preset it was heading was one of those problematic (converted) ones. Changing to a factory preset and upgrading in the sequence also solved the issue. @AlGrenadine interesting to noticed that "slicing" the problematic presets into blocks and creating a "new" preset building the blocks in the same sequence of the preset i had, made it work into beta FW. I hope this can bring more color to this issue.

Back
Top Bottom