FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

Same here about the Fat switch on the Archon model, but that’s it. USB is fine for FM3 Edit and as an interface into Logic (2020 iMac). But I’ve only had 1 freeze in the 3 months I’ve owned the FM3 and it was after doing some weird stuff with a AxeFX III preset.

Ok was playing the Archaen Bright model again today (man it's good) and was now able to duplicate the audio cutout. Regardless of Channel it will cutout once the Fat switch is flipped. I did notice that if I quickly flip back (<2s) the audio returns. If I leave it too long, say 5s, audio cutout remains until a reboot is performed.

@FAS - if you want the preset I made where I can duplicate it just let me know. Doubt you'll need it as it appears pretty common in this thread.

thats interesting wonder if their is a beta out where they are trying to implement the Ultrares and level out the cab block

I know some have faced a similar issue on the Axe Fx III where Axe-Edit seems to be confused about the IRs. There's a tool somewhere in the editor to rescan/refresh the cabs and that corrects the display. Maybe try to do that?

Ahhh ok I'll have a look and see if that's the case...thanks.

I've tested the Archeon Bright Amp and no Audio dropout when turning on or off the FAT switch (also waited 10 or more seconds).
With FM-Edit and at device directly tested.

Not needed blocks bypassed - amp-cab- IN and OUT..

But strange behaviour with the FAT switch.
Turning ON makes the AMP sounding "thin" and turning OFF it sounds "FAT".

May this could be a hint for the staff to find the cause of Audio drops with the FAT switch.
It is working vice versa on my device but no dropsouts.

Last edited:
I've tested the Archeon Bright Amp and no Audio dropout when turning on or off the FAT switch (also waited 10 or more seconds).
With FM-Edit and at device directly tested.

Not needed blocks bypassed - amp-cab- IN and OUT..

But strange behaviour with the FAT switch.
Turning ON makes the AMP asunding "thin" and turning OFF it sounds "FAT".

May this could be a hint for the staff to find the cause of Audio drops with the FAT switch.
It is working vice versa on my device but no dropsouts.
Same here.

Good thing about this Beta 1 is the only problems seem to be reported is the Archeon model with the Fat switch. Thanks Fractal for the hard work!

Yep pretty solid except for Archon
which knowing Cliff he probably already figured out and fixed after Thanksgiving dessert has it ready for Beta 2

Randall dude...how can we know if Ultra Res is implemented? :)

lol i am not sure Teddis it was more just wishful thinking maybe
Here is my thoughts they are going through alphabetically block by block and trying to match them up

they started with Amp, Chorus Compressor , Cab block would be next then Drive
again probably wrong but that could be the system they are using To keep organized
or I had too much jack daniels

Here is my thoughts they are going through alphabetically block by block and trying to match them up

again probably wrong but that could be the system they are using To keep organized

Damn. Pitch block is far

Sounds logical ......I am also buying an extra lottery ticket for tonight :)

EDIT:
Re-downloaded firmware, and it installed properly.

Having 1 issue when loading the new firmware. It seems to load, and after waiting 5 seconds and restarting, it gets to the Fractal logo, with the bar creeping across the screen. It stops at the very end.
And just stays there (at least for 1/2 hour, haven't tested longer).
I can emergency load 1.06, which works & loads normally, so I can at least use it.
I am sure this can be worked out, but I just wanted to document my experience in case someone else has the same issue.
I had the same exactly issue. It was frozen at the very end of the bar (FM3 logo). Did the emergency load 1.06 and ok. Re-downloaded the beta version, tried again without success (frozen at the same point)...Any thoughts??

UPDATE 1:
I tried the firmware update using a MAC (my "go to" computer) and now just tried using a notebook with Windows. The very same results: Beta version frozen in the end of the progress bar (FM3 logo). :(

UPDATE 2:
Tried a shorter USB cable and a different USB port, no change...

Last edited:
If you're having USB issues ensure you are plugged directly to the computer and not a hub, powered or otherwise. Secondly, disable Windows 10 USB power management.

If you're having USB issues ensure you are plugged directly to the computer and not a hub, powered or otherwise. Secondly, disable Windows 10 USB power management.
Plugged directly to the computer and just disable Windows 10 power management as per your instructions. No change. Still frozen in the end of FM3 logo progress bar. :( I really can’t understand how it can update on some units and other don’t. Never had any similar issues with Fractal products.

My approach would be to tackle the adoption blockers first, the problems that would keep potential buyers away.

Next tackle the low hanging fruit by implementing the easy to incorporate updates that have the least impact on other areas and are the least likely to introduce new bugs.

Last, tackle the hard to implement items such as ultra-res IRs, the Drive and Pitch blocks, performance pages, etc.

Sounds more likely to me o_O

I applied the update and installed the new FM3 edit. Install went fine.
I have a probleem in FM3 Edit, for the Amp block I cannot select a type. The field is empty and the list of amps doesn't come up when I click it.
Schermafbeelding 2020-11-28 om 20.54.02.png

When I select a Reverb block I can select the different reverbs. If I select the Amp block again, the type field for the amp is now filled with values form the Reverb block:
Schermafbeelding 2020-11-28 om 19.38.14.png

Same if I select the Drive or the Wah block, when I select the Amp block the type field is populated with the options from the previously selected block.

Actually the same happens with the Compressor block. When I first select the Compressor block I can't select a Compressor type, the list is empty. When I select another block type and then select the Compressor again, the type field is populated with the type options form the previously selected block.
. Schermafbeelding 2020-11-28 om 19.36.20.png

I did full reboots of both FM3 as well as my MacBook several times, nothing changes.

I applied the update and installed the new FM3 edit. Install went fine.
I have a probleem in FM3 Edit, for the Amp block I cannot select a type. The field is empty and the list of amps doesn't come up when I click it.
View attachment 75650

When I select a Reverb block I can select the different reverbs. If I select the Amp block again, the type field for the amp is now filled with values form the Reverb block:
View attachment 75651

Same if I select the Drive or the Wah block, when I select the Amp block the type field is populated with the options from the previously selected block.

Actually the same happens with the Compressor block. When I first select the Compressor block I can't select a Compressor type, the list is empty. When I select another block type and then select the Compressor again, the type field is populated with the type options form the previously selected block.
. View attachment 75652

I did full reboots of both FM3 as well as my MacBook several times, nothing changes.

Try going to settings / refresh after new firmware, (in FM3 Edit).

Back
Top Bottom