FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

I thought I was familiar with American traditions, but this one is new to me.

Sitting up in bed with a drink and a smoke on Thanksgiving-
Looks over at a ravaged Turkey:
“Was it good for you Babe?
Great, I’ll be in the man cave if you need me”.

Sorry-
But you started it.

Last edited:
... asked this a few pages back ...... so are the USB audio issues and "lockups" exclusive to MAC's -or- are they PC as well ?

Ben

You have the same forum feed all the rest of us do my friend.

Very true - it just seems from reading this whole thread that [maybe] the USB audio and locking up issues seem to me more [ all ? ] MAC based and not PC based - and I am wondering if this is something the FAS team are seeing ?

All the best,
Ben

Hi FM3 Beta gurus:

In a recent Axe-Fx III update, there were a few models Cliff had suggested to reset. The release notes don't mention doing that for this FM3 version. The JMP-1 model is one example the III firmware release notes said.

Just wanted to confirm we do or do not need to do that here -- no amps require a manual reset in the public 2.0 beta firmware for the FM3, right? @yek @BryantP

Having a FW update before Thanksgiving was an excellent surprise! Thanks to all the folks at FAS for helping to work on this. 👍

I backed up and updated FM3 Edit and the FM3 FW. I haven't had any issues. I have tried the Archean model with the Fat switch and haven't seen any audio freezes on my side. I have many blocks on the matrix at up to 78% and the Archaen model is holding like a champ. I tried a few footswitch changes on effects and everything working great!

I must say, I agree. The Archean model fit in nicely in my Atomica High preset. So juicy! I don't even enable the boost. I love the raw tone I am getting in that model! Fantastic addition.

Can't wait till the Drive block gets updated (if possible). Keeping fingers crossed for the Horizon Precision Drive! For now doing some treble boost in the output EQ on the T808 model that LT suggested and that sounds great.

I got the drop out as well a couple times. First time I don't remember what I was doing, but second time I was editing in FM3 edit 1.02 and as I was turning the mid knob on the Archean, the sound cut out. I've had the FM3 since Friday, and had no issues at all on 1.06. This is the first time it happened.

Don't touch that man!
I did and suddenly everything was silent. I was watching LT setup video for the archean and moved the knob from noon to around 3.
Going back to 1.6... :(
Hey admins, shouldn't there be some logs you could use with the stack tracing and stuff? Whee are they located? a core dump, something ?

Last edited:
Always remember to read the instructions lol. I installed the update 2.0 patch without the new fm3 edit update (Like it says in the first post of this thread). After uninstall and reset of FM3 I followed the directions and it is working perfectly lol. Now time to have a beer or 2 and jam the night away!
Instructions are useful.

I noticed that after installing this firmware all of my user IR's, which were all non-Ultrares IR's, showed up in Italics in the "Manage Cabs" FM3-Edit screen which I understand indicate UltraRes processed IR's (which are supported but truncated in the FM3 AFAIK).

The IR's sounded unchanged but I didn't test at a level, nor spend any time, to see if the IR's were actually changed/processed.

I have to crank the rig and run some A/B tests to hear/feel the differences between UltraRes/unprocessed IR's which are subtle, but there, particularly in the low end and didn't have the time nor the opportunity to do so....

I just observed the label names changed to Italics in FM3-Edit and immediately reloaded them with no processing...they now show as regular/un-processed IR's like before.

I just thought I'd share the observation; might be the intended behavior, etc. but was unexpected at my end.

Thanks FAS for the update and hard work....:sunglasses:

Last edited:
After installing the new firmware I am now having midi problems? anyone else have this? I had a volume pedal assigned coming in through an airstep midi controller to control the volume block on midi channel 1 cc 1, whenever i use it it cuts the audio completely and then the unit crashes? anyone else experiencing this problem. Its only on one preset (only have the volume block on one preset) using the Austin Buddy Ojai clean amp?

I am going to revert back to 1.06.....didnt have any problems with that. Here is the patch for analysis. The volume pedal coming in on midi channel 1 cc 1 to control the volume block crashes the unit.

Attachments

• Slnky NB.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom