FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

Started having an issue with music over USB when I updated to FW 1.06 today (from FW 1.05). With USB connected to my laptop, I would receive music (through USB IN 1 & 2) then experience occasional dropouts (no signal on the Meters page for USB 1 & 2), about a few times within an hour. Seems like powering off-then-on the FM3 would get music playing again, but only temporarily. I did restart my laptop which did not solve the problem. All is the same as before with no new updates (Macbook Pro), no change in software for music playback, no change in selection of the USB port, no change in the cable used to connect them together, and no change in speaker playback, as I can recall. I have not had this type of issue before on FW 1.05 . When I updated back to FW 1.05 earlier today, seems like the problem was fixed and did not experienced that issue again. Hope that this can be resolved soon.

Thank you so much for the listening ear, hard work, and many updates from everyone at Fractal Audio. I really do enjoy the FM3 and appreciate the community support. Thanks!

Started having an issue with music over USB when I updated to FW 1.06 today (from FW 1.05). With USB connected to my laptop, I would receive music (through USB IN 1 & 2) then experience occasional dropouts (no signal on the Meters page for USB 1 & 2), about a few times within an hour. Seems like powering off-then-on the FM3 would get music playing again, but only temporarily. I did restart my laptop which did not solve the problem. All is the same as before with no new updates (Macbook Pro), no change in software for music playback, no change in selection of the USB port, no change in the cable used to connect them together, and no change in speaker playback, as I can recall. I have not had this type of issue before on FW 1.05 . When I updated back to FW 1.05 earlier today, seems like the problem was fixed and did not experienced that issue again. Hope that this can be resolved soon.

Thank you so much for the listening ear, hard work, and many updates from everyone at Fractal Audio. I really do enjoy the FM3 and appreciate the community support. Thanks!
you're certain you installed this release version of 1.06? i didn't experience any of that with hours... and hours of testing.

will test again. if you have any more details to add it could help.

you're certain you installed this release version of 1.06? i didn't experience any of that with hours... and hours of testing.

I had the same problem with 1.06 on Mac with the latest iOS. I went back to 1.06 Beta 3 and it started working... strange since 1.06 is the same as beta 3.

Reactions: CML

Thank you for the quick response! :)

I downloaded and updated through Fractal Bot today. I believe it just gave the option for FW 1.06 update, which I confirmed on the FM3 after the restart. Made sure to update the preset banks as well. I have not tested any of the Beta FWs, just went from FW 1.05 (no issues for months), to FW 1.06 (issue occurred multiple times), then back to FW 1.05 (no issues for hours of playing). Everything else remained the same with software and hardware (no other updates, no software changes, or no physical pedal/cables changes). Macbook Pro with the latest iOS (10.15.6). Guitar direct to the FM3 continued to work, just the music playback dropout over USB 1 & 2. If there are any more specific/relevant details I should include, please let me know. I appreciate the help!

Thank you for the quick response! :)

I downloaded and updated through Fractal Bot today. I believe it just gave the option for FW 1.06 update, which I confirmed on the FM3 after the restart. Made sure to update the preset banks as well. I have not tested any of the Beta FWs, just went from FW 1.05 (no issues for months), to FW 1.06 (issue occurred multiple times), then back to FW 1.05 (no issues for hours of playing). Everything else remained the same with software and hardware (no other updates, no software changes, or no physical pedal/cables changes). Macbook Pro with the latest iOS (10.15.6). Guitar direct to the FM3 continued to work, just the music playback dropout over USB 1 & 2. If there are any more specific/relevant details I should include, please let me know. I appreciate the help!
that's good info, just checking. strange how many had "unusable" issues with 1.05, 1.06 fixed it for many, but the opposite for yours!

i'll check my system again and see if we can figure anything out. again, i didn't experience any USB audio issues.

are you by chance using an Aggregate Device in the Mac Audio setup? or do you just select FM3 in your DAW for playback?

I had the same exact issue. Sound to my Mac dropped after about 10 minutes of playback. I was playing music, and then tried using Logic and no output. Had to restart the unit to get it working again. I have not reverted back to a previous firmware yet, but may have to. I am not using a USB hub, directly connected to the FM3 and to my Mac. I had no issues on 1.05 actually, so was hesitant on updating.

Reactions: CML
I had the same exact issue. Sound to my Mac dropped after about 10 minutes of playback. I was playing music, and then tried using Logic and no output. Had to restart the unit to get it working again. I have not reverted back to a previous firmware yet, but may have to. I am not using a USB hub, directly connected to the FM3 and to my Mac. I had no issues on 1.05 actually, so was hesitant on updating.
Please contact support and tell them I asked you to involve me.

1.06 fixed my USB recording issues, thanks.

A few times on my macOS 10.15.6 I got no audio after waking up from sleep.

When I have more details and can reproduce I'll write them here

I managed to reproduce it.

On macOS 10.15.6, using the FM3 as an audio interface, use Safari to go to youtube.com (example video ) and skip by clicking on the timeline.

After some clicks (20+), audio interface hangs and no other youtube video plays.

Rebooting the FM3 fixed the issue.

@BryantP tell me if you're able to reproduce or if you need any more steps

Last edited:
This means you have clock master set wrong. The soundcard needs to be the clock slave.

Mr.Stratocaster said:
Windows 10. I'm listening to FM3 connected via SPDIF output to my soundcard. Buffer size... I tried all of them, clicks are present no matter what.

On my Scarlett 6i6 I had to set the sync mode to SPIDF so it is the slave. Then clicks went away. Same as mentioned here. Try that in your mix control or audio I/F SW.

1.06 fixed my USB recording issues, thanks.

A few times on my macOS 10.15.6 I got no audio after waking up from sleep.

When I have more details and can reproduce I'll write them here

I managed to reproduce it.

On macOS 10.15.6, using the FM3 as an audio interface, use Safari to go to youtube.com (example video ) and skip by clicking on the timeline.

After some clicks (20+), audio interface hangs and no other youtube video plays.

Rebooting the FM3 fixed the issue.

@BryantP tell me if you're able to reproduce or if you need any more steps

Clicking on a video causes USB issues? That’s new to me :O

Clicking on a video causes USB issues? That’s new to me :O

being new or not to you doesn’t help solving the problem

Skipping on a YouTube video is one of the case in which the buffer gets reset, and the easiest way to reproduce the problem

being new or not to you doesn’t help solving the problem

Skipping on a YouTube video is one of the case in which the buffer gets reset, and the easiest way to reproduce the problem
Who said I was helping solve the problem? I was commenting in a discussion and that I’ve never heard of that as a cause of an error. I’ll be quiet next time.

Back
Top Bottom