FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

Clicks and pops are still present when playing audio via FM3's USB. Anyone else have this ?

Same while recording.

And still it's ASIO not active:

Nope, everything okay here.

Windows or Mac? What's your setup?

What's the buffer size in your DAW?

I can't load the new preset banks.. I get the following message: "No response received. Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again".
The device is connected as I can use fm3edit. Any clues?

I can't load the new preset banks.. I get the following message: "No response received. Please ensure the device is connected and powered on, then try again".

Did you set your input/output ports right?

Had the same issue loading all at once
Try to load them seperatly
That did it for me
Cheers

Windows 10. I'm listening to FM3 connected via SPDIF output to my soundcard. Buffer size... I tried all of them, clicks are present no matter what.
That explains a lot. I had a similar problem with my Audio interface and Axe FX 2, years ago when I connected it through SPDIF.
Hey, it's likely not a FM3 firmware problem. It's a World clock problem, like it was in my case.

Here are things to look into:
1) Make sure They are on the same world clock. Either the FM3 has to be the master and the audio interface the slave, or visa versa. As i understood, if their digital buffers are not synched, this results in clicking sounds.
2) Make sure that the interface is running at 48Khz. Otherwise, If the FM3 is the slave - It will sound weird.

This means you have clock master set wrong. The soundcard needs to be the clock slave.

Soundcard is set to clock slave. Still clicks are present.

And all this doesn't explain why there are clicks when I record via FM3 using USB (no SPDIF at all). Recorded guitar sound is full of clicks.

I think it's something wrong regarding this "ASIO not active" message in FM3 control panel. Why does it say this ? Why it is not active even when I user FM3 as ASIO in my DAW ?

Tried to reinstall both drivers for Windows - no changes still.

Finally! Tried another USB port on my PC. Problem solved! :) No clicks.

If anyone will have the same issue - please, pay attention to this.

The new USB port wouldn't happen to be USB 3.0?
The USB 2.0 standard offers a theoretical maximum signaling rate of 480 megabits per second, while USB 3.0 defines a maximum rate of 5 gigabits per second.

Finally! Tried another USB port on my PC. Problem solved! :) No clicks.

If anyone will have the same issue - please, pay attention to this.

USB ports on a lot of PCs are not created equal. Sometimes those extra convenient ones on the front/top/sides are really the moral equivalent of a quirky unpowered USB hub. I have no idea if that’s your issue but I’ve seen many things not work properly with those things.

USB ports on a lot of PCs are not created equal. Sometimes those extra convenient ones on the front/top/sides are really the moral equivalent of a quirky unpowered USB hub. I have no idea if that’s your issue but I’ve seen many things not work properly with those things.

I've had similar experience with non-Fractal devices.

Yup. For my critical devices I always use the ports that come directly off the chipset. These are usually the ones on the I/O panel of the motherboard. Refer to your motherboard's manual as it will usually show a block diagram and you can figure out which ones are the chipset USB ports from that.

The more stuff between the CPU and the USB port the more finicky things tend to become. Some USB ports use a controller hanging off a PCIe lane which in turn is coming off the chipset.

Back
Top Bottom